Percy•Brother 1.0

Alrighty, so this chapter is more of backstory on how you met Percy and Percy is your brother, not your lover.

You marvelled at the manta ray swimming gracefully right before your eyes. It seemed to glide effortlessly in the water, leaving a trail of almost no bubbles in its wake. You smiled to yourself. So that's how you got the nickname 'Ray', your friends had given it to you after they watched your outstanding performance in the local swimming championships. 

"We've got a real self-praiser, right here," a voice drawled from nowhere. 

"What the ever-loving heck?" You muttered to yourself as you whipped around, searching for the source of the sarcastic comment. You huffed and turned back to the manta ray in vain, confident that you were not a self-praiser and definitely not going cray-cray(fish). You could feel your eyebrows scrape the skies as the manta ray stopped short in front of you and... Smirk. 

"You're definitely going insane, demigod," the manta ray wiggled his eyebrows (do they have eyebrows) at you before darting away into a school of fish. What the fuck. The manta ray was right. You were insane. You were probably just imagining all of the recent events. You tore your suspicious eyes away from the tank and headed towards the Shark Exhibition. 

Now, this should probably take your mind off the manta ray for a while. You hated that you loved sharks. They were so terrifingly dangerous, yet so strangely beautiful and enticing. Their cold dead eyes reminded you of some hallucinations you had experienced of demons lurking in your closet and in the alley ways you passed. You shivered. You hated those visions. You knew they were fake, yet the way the demons grinned at you, it was so real... You shook your head, determined to get rid of the thoughts. But you had the same feeling as you did whenever the visions of the demons would happen. You decided it would be the best for you to ignore it, it would do you no good. 

You glanced at the sharks swimming aimlessly, and the suddenly their heads all shot in the same direction. They shot straight like a bullet heading towards a bunch of other dead fish and hungrily chomped and wolfed down the dead mess. All that was left was nothing of the dead fish and hungry and irritated sharks who did not have enough to eat. The copper blood of the meal mixed with the murky waters of the shark tank, mixing into an extremely unpleasant colour. 

"How miserable," You cast a side ways look at the mother and her teenage son beside you, noticing that her son had an incredible green eyes which reminded you of the corals from the previous tanks. You felt a sort of pull towards him, not an attractive one, but a strong pull that ran deep in the roots. Sadly, they walked away before you could ask them anything. You sighed to yourself, sulking at the ground. 

That stupid hallucination feeling ruined everything. Your day, your mood, your- A strong gust of feeling alerted you, your head shot up, sweeping the surroundings for any open doors. No, you were deep underground, where did the wind come from? You jumped and yelped when you felt a hand touch your shoulder. You spun on your heel, grabbing the man's hand but your hand simply grabbed the air. You stared horrified as the pale man guffawed wickedly. 

"Who the hell are you?" You backed against the glass of the shark tank. 

"Demigod-" 

"What?! What the hell is that?"

"Oh," He cackled. He wiped a fake stray tear from his eye and continued, "Telling lies, aren't we? I have no time for that nonsense, so I'm going to tell you the truth." You could feel the fear rise in your throat, you had a bad feeling he was not going to say 'human'. He raised his formless arms rather grandly and announced, "I'm a wind spirit, or if the greek term you prefer, Anemoi, and I'm looking for some fun."