Travis 1.0

"Get away from me, you brainless piece of avocado!" You yelled, storming out of the door. Travis Stoll sniggered but remained at you heel, sneering, "You really need to work on your insults, (y/n)." You rolled your eyes and stomped away even faster. That didn't deter him. You quickly headed to the woods, the only place that had the power to clear your mind and simmer down your emotions. You tried to erase the images of your burning notebook pages on your bed. All your ideas and notes. All the information you had gathered to stop Kronos. All gone. Because this unbelievably thick-headed son of Hermes had thought your secret diary consisted of gushing about guys.

You shivered in pure pity and disgust at the thought that other campers, even your close friend Travis, thought you were nothing but a nerdy Child of Athena, who didn't like to be in the field and was a pure coward. Firstly, there was nothing wrong about being nerdy. Secondly, you were nothing of what they thought. You were lean with muscles you preferred to cover with long sleeves, and your excellent skill with daggers was kept hidden, because a famous tactic of children of Athena were to be underestimated by enemies. Pride didn't really matter to you, unlike other children of Athena, so you found that that tactic was not a problem.

"I didn't really get to see what was in your notebook, (y/n), before I burned it. What was in there? Secret notes about your crush?" Travis sneered loudly, pulling you out of your thoughts. Other campers who milled about in the woods cast you a funny look, and you pursed your lips. Travis laughed and said, "So I'm right!" You shot him a death glare and his laugh trailed off. He gulped.

Nevertheless, being the annoying prick he was, he continued to describe in vivid detail how he had planned the whole prank out, and how you, the "unaware dorky child of Athena", carried out his plan successfully. You tried to feel angry at him. Tried to direct all this loathing in you towards him and his stupid primal instincts to pranking people. But you couldn't blame him. He didn't know what was in there. Nobody knew. You could only blame yourself for not knowing he would prank you sooner or later.

"Ha! You should've seen the look on your face, (y/n)! It was hilarious- (Y/n)? Are you okay?" Hot fresh tears started to roll down your cheeks but you didn't bother to wipe them away. Nobody was here, except for Travis, to see you cry. You stumbled and leaned against a tree, chest heaving with anguished breaths. You felt tears escape the corner of your eyes and tickle you as they slowly slide down the curve to your cheeks and nose. All the months of planning. Just gone. Travis stood a few steps away from you, his smile slowly slipping away and his face adopting a mask of genuine concern. You wanted to laugh because he look absolutely terrified that you were crying. Nobody had seen you cry this hard before.

"Did I do something that bad? Uh... I'm sorry. Really. I'm so sorry. I didn't know the notebook was so important to you," Travis stuttered and put his hand on your shoulder nervously. You flinched a little and Travis appeared hurt and sad. He squeezed your shoulder and comforted, "I'll make it up to you. Okay? I'll show you how sorry I am because you don't deserve to be this sad. Come on, we should get out of here. We're too deep into the woods and we might get attacked." You sniffed and nodded slowly. He offered a small smile and pulled you into a hug.

In the hug, he shook you vigorously and even lifted your smaller figure of the ground, all the while apologising, "I'm really, really, really, really sorry. Please forgive me and go back to the dorky silly girl you were. I don't like seeing you sad." You smiled a little at his stupid words and how unaware of he was to your hidden secret. He grabbed your hand tightly and pulled you back towards the camp.

Suddenly, you felt a sharp knife prick your back. Travis remained unaware and continued to tug your forward, but you stopped, stiff. Travis sighed and turned around, complaining, "Come on, (y/n). I said I'm sorry. What's wrong-" He stopped, eyes widened, as he analysed the person pressing the knife to your back. Absentmindedly, he gripped your hand a little tighter. "What are you doing here, traitor?"