Luke 4.0

The lady before you tittered nervously, "I'm so sorry, madam, but the flight has been delayed." You frowned but brushed it aside, adjusting the bag strap on your shoulder. Luke gently began to massage the points between you shoulder blades and you relaxed a little. It had been a long day, fighting monsters across the country to try and get back to Camp Half Blood. You were, after all, in an entirely different country. Long story.

"By how long?" You queried. She swallowed and replied, "18 hours." You blinked and asked her to repeat. She tugged her blonde hair and explained, "18 hours, ma'am. The technicians checking the plane encountered some problems and they're solving it. It's reported to take up to 18 hours."

"It's 11 p.m. and you want us to wait 18 hours?" Luke pushed himself forward towards the counter but you sighed. Taking the tickets from the counter, you grumbled, "Fine, we'll wait." Her eyes sparkled for a brief moment, turning a shade of blood crimson, but faded back quickly to its original colour. You dismissed it quickly, blaming it on the lack of sleep you had.

Winding an arm around Luke's waist, you leaned on him as you searched for a place to rest. Shuffling in silence, the both of you came to a stop in front of a hard rigid wooden bench, the only available space to rest in the empty walkway. You flopped yourself onto the seat and offered to take first watch. After all, being in an airport didn't mean you were safe from the blood-thirsty monsters.

Luke shook his head insistently and instead counteroffer that he took the first watch. You chuckled and slowly laid his head on you lap. Shushing his protests, you began to slowly pat his shoulders and shake your leg slightly, gradually lulling him to sleep. He clutched your hand and continued to mumble protests, which eventually faded off into light snores. You scoffed and muttered under your breath, "Cutie."

With one hand clutching his and the other gripping your blade, you kept a keen watch on the long hallway which was thoroughly deserted. A little too deserted for your liking, but hey, beggars couldn't be choosers. Resting your head against the wall, you allowed to close your eyes for a little longer than a blink. You were so tired. So so tired. Your eyelids fluttered shut and your head lolled forward. Just a little while.

You nearly cried in surprise as your head was yanked to the side by the ends of your hair. You fumbled for the dagger which had dropped onto Luke when you had fallen asleep and as your fingers closed around the hilt of it, you swung your hand out, slicing at your attacker's arm. Blinking the blurriness away from your eyes, you managed to make out the facial features of the lady which had greeted you at the counter, except with a prosthetic bronze and a donkey leg. Empousa!

She screeched but ignored the blood streaming from the cut and knocked the dagger in your palm away from you. You pursed your lips and punched her square in the face. She stumbled back, but was immediately replaced by two other empousa. They pulled you from under Luke's snoring body and he fell to the floor, dazed.

You began to call for his help, but the redhead punched you in the gut and all the wind left you. A brunette clamped her hand over your mouth and swung her other arm around your neck, pressing her nails to your neck. Getting the point, you stopped struggling. Her redhead and blonde friend joined her side and maliciously faced Luke, who jumped to his feet, biting his lip. He began to advance forward but came to a halt as the brunette tutted, drawing spots of blood on your neck. She sneered, "Luke Castellan. Do you have any idea how much I long to drink your blood in vengeance of my sisters?"

He sniggered and replied, "Do you have any idea how many people have threatened me?" The redhead stepped forward and grabbed your face. Luke stiffened and the blonde shrieked with laughter. "Tsk tsk, this one's important to him." Playing with the ruby hair cascading down her shoulders, she purred, "But how many people have threatened you with her?"

Then, their tones changed, from a shrill high sound resembling chalk scratching against a blackboard, to a silky melody, like chocolate flowing over strawberries. The two empousa at the sides sashayed forward, their hair swaying at their waists. They spoke, voices heavy with charmspeak, "But why is she so important to you? She's nothing..." They glimpsed at you disgustedly and shivered. You rolled your eyes, but worry knotted your eyebrows. What the heck were doing to Luke? Wasn't he immune to empousa?

Luke swayed on the spot, eyes glazing over. The empousa slid their hands around him, but sparing a precious patch of his neck, greedily admiring it, drool coming down at the sides of their lips. The brunette holding you, dug her nails into your neck and you winced. She snarled, "Watch, demigod. Watch as we take him away." Her friends grinned at Luke and whispered enticingly, "But we? We're something." They cackled as Luke slackened his grip on his sword, hanging it loose from his grip.

"Actually," he began, his eyes returning to his regular ocean blue-ness and his scar quirking with his smile. "She's my everything." He tossed you a spare blade and catching it, you knocked the stunned brunette back and drove the blade into her forehead. A burst of golden dust showered over you and you turned in time to see her friends howl and attack Luke. He swung his sword up, slicing the redhead cleanly in half. He ducked under the blonde's roundhouse kick, but his sword clattered to floor as he looked over his shoulder to check on you. He growled and picked himself up, brazenly grabbing her by the throat and slamming her against the wall. You raised your eyebrows in amazement, partially shock at how well he could look when murdering someone.

You picked up his sword and jogged towards the empousa clawing at his arms. You smiled crookedly, swing the sword in your arm teasingly while saying, "You do know he's immune to your voodoo magic right?" The empousa managed a weak hiss and an offer of cheap plane tickets, but Luke glanced at his bleeding arm indifferently. Turning to you, he suggested, "Finish her off, will you?"

"With pleasure," You raised the sword and stabbed her smack in the face. Gold dust rained over the both of you as you simultaneously slumped against the wall in exhaustion. But it didn't stop him from turning to you and examining your busted bleeding lip. He thought to himself and leaned forward, his lips colliding into yours. You were slightly taken aback but didn't hesitate to allow yourself to get pulled into the kiss. It did hurt a little but nothing else mattered as your bodies grinded against each other.

Pulling away reluctantly, you giggled and commented, "Not the best way to heal a busted lip." He snorted and hanging an arm around your shoulder, pulling you tightly next to him, retaliated, "Not the best way to keep watch."

<A/N> :D Got a little shiver from writing this. Apologies to the comments who wanted Percy and Nico, but I shall be doing them next, more specifically, Percy then Nico. Gods, you guys have me hooked on writing these. Legitimately, the responses I receive from these are the only things keeping me going and I don't have motivation to write anything else.

QOTD: Do you like my one-shots? I can't help but feel skeptical at times.