Nico 4.0

You guys are studying at the college in New Rome.

"G'night Nico," You mumbled, half-distracted by the thunderclouds which blanketed the sky. You didn't wait for his reply as you shuffled into your room, throwing yourself beneath the sheets and completely forgetting about Mythological Creatures Studies homework. This storm... It was definitely going to be stronger than usual and it sent chills down your spine. The first patters of rain splattered against your window pane and in no time, it was as if Jupiter had somehow inverse the ocean and allowed it to be descended upon camp grounds.

You huddled under your blanket, desperately trying to shut out all sounds of distant thunder and lightning nearing the dormitory. As a child of Neptune, it would only be convenient for you to have Astraphobia, a severe and abnormal fear of thunder and lightning, which was ironically, what Jupiter controlled. You jumped, as lightning crackled across the sky, illuminating the bleak sky. A tremendous boom of thunder followed and the hairs on your arms stood. It was all too sudden and too loud. You looked out of your window, breaths wracking through your chest, palms moist with sweat. The mountains that encircled the campgrounds were no more than a misty silhouette, which were only visible when lightning struck the ground. Other than that, thunder only reverberated through sheets of heavy rain. The great heavens had opened, and the Gods were all weeping.

A great burst of thunder echoed through your bones and you clamped down on your lips, soul trembling in body, paralysed with terror. This fear running through your bones, it was nothing like battling monsters. Monsters could be defeated. Mother Nature could not. You opened your eyes to see dim light seeping through the cracks of the door. Nico di Angelo was still awake.

He was a funny little thing. He had a really demeaning look to him, pale skin with dark bags hanging underneath with his matted coat and his Stygian Iron sword almost never left his side. But underneath that mask, no one knew how truly broken he was, except for a few, which included you. Thankfully, the cracks were starting to heal and he started to flash that small smile more often, but you knew that sometimes broken pieces couldn't be put back together, so you helped him cope with it. He laughed a lot more often when around you, even begun to show you how to play Mythomagic.

You didn't know why, but you got onto your feet and started for his room. You didn't want to bother him this late at night but you felt you gut and heart tug towards him. You pressed your hands to his door lightly, unsure if this was the right choice and only then you noticed how hard your hands were trembling. You surged forward, swinging the door open slowly to reveal Nico laying in bed, staring at you wide-eyed, a book of '101 Rules to Owning Mythomagic' in his hands. You would've laughed, if not for another blinding flash of lightning. You winced. He hurriedly put away the book away and jumped up. He still managed to look a teensy bit intimidating in pyjama shorts.

"Hey," He put his hand on your arm, locking worried eyes with you. "Are you okay?" You shake your head slowly, embarrassed as tears started trailing down your cheeks. Nico stared at you, stunned. You knew it. You bloody knew it. Of course the Gods would curse you with this stupid fear of storms, of them, and Nico couldn't understand you because even you couldn't understand yourself. You didn't blame him, you were so stupid-

Whomp. One second, you were standing apart, his hand gently stroking your arm and the next, he had surged forward, tenderly putting your head onto his shoulder. He murmured soothingly, "Don't worry." His heart shattered as he heard you silently weep into his shoulders. He hated seeing you like this, hated himself for not being able to comfort you. An idea popped into his head and though he was hesitant, he slid his hand into yours. You looked up, tears slightly blurring his features. "C'mon."

He lightly pulled you towards his bed and he slid under the covers, turning back to wave you in. You refused politely, but he only chuckled, and with a sigh, took your hand again and pulled you in. With a soft thud, you landed on the bed, still catching glimpses of lightning in your peripheral vision. He noticed your still present discomfort and said, "(Y/n), it's going to be alright. I'm here with you now... Just try to get some rest." He nodded at the clock which hour-hand pointed at 2. You turned around soundlessly, fear still coursing through your veins mercilessly.

You observed the sheets around you quiver slightly. Di Immortales. You wound the sheets around you tighter, maybe trying to focus that you were on the same freaking bed as Nico. You managed a small smile, but it quickly dropped as thunder shook the building. You turned back to face Nico, who was coincidentally peering at you over the corner of his book. You dared yourself to snuggle closer to him, completely understanding if he backed off and respecting his privacy. He stiffened slightly in surprise, mad silent thoughts racing through his head. Oh my gods, (y/n) has made a move. What do I do? Is this my chance?

He relaxed and swung an arm around you, pulling you closer. Your bodies touched, pressing against each other snugly, your curves fitting into his, like you were made for each other. He guided your head to his chest, and with each breath, your head rose slightly. He raked his fingers through your hair lightly and he rambled on about the different powers and strengths for each character in Mythomagic.

"You see Zeus has lightning bolts that do 600 damage, so I understand why you're afraid," He trailed on, casting a disgusted look and the sky. He looked back at you and his gaze softened. Sweeping a few loose strands of hair aside, he pressed a small kiss to your forehead. It sent electric shocks through your body and a grin slowly spread across your head. Shifting into a more comfortable position, you allowed him to continue to lull you to sleep. You muttered, "Go on."

Nico beamed, touched that you didn't mind him blabbering about Mythomagic and continued, "Now, you see, a Manticore has three thousand attack power and..." He allowed his words to flow out on its own and was amazed that you could bring out the 10 year old him, before his world collapsed into pieces before his very eyes. And now, you were slowly putting him back together. He pulled you in tighter, absentmindedly rubbing circles on your thigh with his thumb. He was never going to let anyone scare his love again.

~

Will stormed into the room the next day, furious that Nico had abandoned him in his classes. His words faltered to a stop as he saw Nico's body enveloped around your frame. The both of you had quiet purrs and it was the cutest thing he had ever seen.

He smiled as he quietly tiptoed out of the room, repeating the excuse he would tell the professors for both of your absence.

<A/N> I'm thinking about doing a one-shot for Gods next? So far, I've Apollo down and I would like to know what's your opinion? Comment it down below, but beware the next one-shot may be about your godly dad!

1. Apollo

2. Poseidon

3. Hades

4. Hermes

QOTD: Should I continue to have QOTDs? Nearly no one responds to them and I'm totally chill with that, it's just that I thought there would be more responses... *cheeky grin*