Personal One Shot 2.0

Made for @-_-Realm_Books-_-. Disclaimer: The ages, location and timeline aren't entirely accurate because it's complicated and messed my brain up. Also, because I'm not a Roman, so please excuse me. You, Lily, and Nico had been best friends, and soon enough, lovers, ever since the two of you met in Camp Jupiter years ago. The both of you had no one else, trusted no one else, and after a long time of childish arguing and duelling due to godly parent differences, the both of you formed the strongest pack. The two of you clicked together and every time the both of you fought together, you were unstoppable. Soon enough, you guys grew an unusually close relationship and to everyone's surprise, including your own, you started dating.

[Memory: Years ago, when you had just arrived at Camp Jupiter at the age of 9 and Nico had travelled to Camp Jupiter at 10]

You sat atop of the hill, somewhat near the Bellona temple, and cast a disapproving look at the busy city before you. You were unusually cold and hard for a girl of 9, compared to the other squealing and smiling girls which ran around doing whatever little children did, and people often avoided you for that. You didn't mind the solitude though, it gave you a chance to be unattached, for your enemies to hold nothing against you. You often thought you did it out of mental strength, but you knew you did it because you were afraid of the pain.

You breathed in the sweet smell of the grass and closed your eyes. The face of your family flashed in front of your eyes. You smiled and waved at them, but scrambled back as soon as their faces started contorting. Their facial features twisted in agony as a white blue streak struck them and when the screaming stopped, they were gone. Nothing but ashes in the wind. To Jupiter, it was just another chore done, to ensure no one knew about your existence. But to you, you had lost everything.

You opened your eyes again and wiped away the tears. It was foolish of you to be crying. You had to live and fight for them, not waste your life away. You lightly touched the hilt of your sword, still slightly damp from your sweat during your daily morning sword practice. You felt your worry ease and sighed.

A twig snapped and you jumped up, both hands reaching towards the two hilts of your sword across your back, and pulling it out, pointing towards the sound of noise. You warned, "I'm armed and I know how to use this." You felt the air shift and leaped to the side, just in time, as fissure opened beneath you. A croaky voice replied, "And I can do that too." He sounded barely older than you and shoved the swords back in, but your fingers still tensed.

"Come out and show yourself," You ordered, trying to sound as tough as possible. Who was this mysterious boy? He had a bitter aura around him, nothing that a child of Ceres could have, so how could he open the ground beneath your feet. "You don't boss me around!" He shouted and suddenly shadows spun from the ground beneath you and started wrapping around your feet. It was so cold and you felt your spirits dampen. All you wanted to do was give up.

No.

You raised your hand to the sky and clenched your fist. A white bolt of lightning shot through the clouds, raising the hairs on your arms and sending pleasurable energy through your body. The shadows vanished and you unclenched your fist, glaring towards the direction of the boy. You hated using your powers, because you were reminded of your incompetent father, but you had no choice. You opened your mouth, prepared to show him how much curse words a 9 year old knew, but he stepped out into the light.

He was pale, with dark hair hanging over his eyes, and a thick coat draping over his shoulders. He spat, "A child of Jupiter." You squinted your eyes and snarled, "A child of Pluto... Wait, no, Hades. Means I should hate you even more." He snorted and said bitterly, "I'm already there." You yelped and swung a punch at him. He stumbled back and screamed and attacked you. Reyna found the both of you on the floor, wrestling and throwing very childish curses. After she managed to stop laughing and pull the both of you apart, you threw each other stone cold glares. But there was a feeling of mutual respect.