Will 7.0

"You're terrible, Will Solace," You laughed, picking up the next arrow. He tossed the bow aside rather viciously, rubbing his neck in shame. You fired the arrow and whistled. Bull's eye. Will kicked his bow, grumbling, "You're great at this. Perfect even. How are you the daughter of Iris and aim so perfectly? How am I even the son of Apollo? What is wrong with me?" You frowned and clasped his shoulder. He seemed to be really down, but you couldn't blame him. This was easily a few months after being claimed, yet he exhibited no signs of even being a child of Apollo. Will was crushed to say the least.

There were shouts of laughter nearby, and some campers pointed rudely at Will's untouched target. You glared at them and gave them a very specific finger, and turned Will away from them gently. You put down your bow and suggested, "Why don't we go out for a walk? Somewhere away from camp?" He widened his eyes, "Away from camp? Isn't that dangerous?" You smirked, "Don't worry, sunshine. I got you." You reached for the dagger sheathed in your hilt, and patted it. Will smiled weakly, and sighed, "Well, alright. Only since I'm with you." You whooped in delight and his smile stretched across his face. "If Chiron finds us, I'm going to say you put me under some kind of rainbow magic." You sniggered and pulled him by the arm and headed for the exit.

+

"Wow, this really is different... especially when you're not chased by monsters." The woods was near silent at this time of dusk, the golden sunlight filtering through the leaves and casting a mysterious shadow on every figure the light could drape itself on. The both of you strolled through the woods, and when the birds sang overhead, Will whistled back. It was bitter sweet, high and dipping lowly, a favourite memory being reminisced in a dark time. It was... heavenly.

"You're staring. Am I that bad?" Will sulked and shoved his hands in his pockets. The birds flew away, and he began to walk away from you briskly. You grabbed his hand, and he stopped abruptly. "Will, it was beautiful."

He looked down from your hand to you slowly, and gulped. You pulled back hurriedly, afraid that you had crossed the line. New campers were always unsure of themselves, but all you wanted was for Will to feel good. He rubbed his hands together and muttered, "Thanks... and Sorry." You smiled through the guilt. "It's okay, Will. Take your time."

"I just..." He slid to the floor, leaning against the tree. You took the hint and sat down beside him, sneaking worried glances at him every so often. It was not unusual for new demigods to commit suicide, the pressure, the legacy, the bullies. You didn't want the same thing to happen to Will. He took a deep breath, running his fingers through his hair. He began, "I just can't live up to him. To Apollo. My dad. I'm so unlike him, but people keep telling me to wait, or lie to me that I'm good. Why do I keep disappointing people? Why do I just constantly let people down?

You've been with me since I've arrived, and I can just imagine how disheartened you are to learn them that I'm as powerless as a mortal, maybe even worse. And all I do is ramble, and complain, and don't do anything. I'm such a sack of nothing."

He began to cry, and you pulled him into your arms. He sobbed onto your shoulder, and you sat silently. You swallowed, willing the tears to go away, you'd stay strong for Will. After quite some time, Will pulled away, the lavender hues of the dying dusk kissing his face. He croaked, "Thank you, (y/n)." You kissed his forehead and squeezed his hand. "You're going to be okay, Will. I promise-"

He shoved you aside violently, and you were surprised to see a log whiz past your head. "Duck!" Too late for that. You scrambled to the side and pulled out your dagger. Grasping it tightly, you narrowed your eyes, searching for the source of the attack. You stumbled back in fright when you saw a Cyclops bounding towards the both of you. Jesus. It had to be the new goddamn kid Percy Jackson. You didn't notice Will beside you until he grabbed your hand and hauled you along. "Run!"