Nico 2.0

"Leave him alone!" You yelled as you race to Nico's side. He laid on the ground in his own pool of blood, motionless. Unsheathing your sword, you charged at Tatarus who stood beside Nico, ready to finish him off. You barely touched him when he back handed you and you skidded against the floor. Holding your stomach and coughing, you forced your swollen eyes open only to see Tatarus cackling.

"Foolish demigod. You will never be able to save Nico," He taunted and drove his imperial gold sword into Nico. Your scream ripped through the air as you dashed and fell to Nico's side. Tatarus' haunting laugh faded away, revealing your sobs.

Your tears streamed from your face to Nico's deathly pale one, clearing a clean path in his grimey face. Brushing his hair away, you kissed his forehead and wept. Nico was dead. It was all your fault.

You bolted upright from your bed, sweat clumping your hair and tears falling from your eyes. Another nightmare. But it seemed so real, you could feel the death. Wiping away the tears with the back of your hand, you tried to calm your racing heart. You needed to know he was safe and so, you left your cabin.

You tried to control your heaving shoulders but you only managed to reduce to a tremble. Knocking on the cabin door lightly, you prayed that Chrion or the harpies wouldn't catch you. The door swung open and revealed a bleary eyed Nico. Upon seeing you, his eyes widened and he pulled you inside.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?" He grabbed your trembling shoulders and asked. You explained the nightmare to him and when you finished, he sighed. Holding your hands while rubbing the back of  your hands, he said soothingly, "It will never ever be your fault, (y/n)." Tears ran down the side of your cheek as you bit your lip and nodded. For Nico's sake, you tried to smile but he immediately noticed that the nightmare had shaken you very thoroughly. Sighing, he grabbed your hand and lightly pulled at you.

"C'mere," He extends your hand and sways on the spot. You lean on his chest and feel his heart this against your cheek. The both of you dance to the soft hum of Nico's lullaby in the night. Within the first few moves, you're definitely more calm. The sway of his body and the comfort you're in eventually leads to your eyes fluttering shut.

You wake up the next day in the Hades' cabin. You sit up in Nico's bed and hear his barely audible purr as he sleeps in a chair next to you. Your eyes trace your linked hands and the side of your lips tug up sadly.