Chapter 20

WILLOWS POV

Melody settled in nicely. She absolutely loves Dick and Sonya. Our last dance practice went by flawlessly and I felt super confident that we were going to do amazing. It was the morning of our departure to the State Competition. Damians and my bags were piled by the door and we were sitting at the table eating Fruit and Oats. No one but Alfred and Dick was awake yet. It was still dark outside and the birds hadn't started singing their morning songs. I was dressed in black leggings and a white t shirt. I had yet to do anything with my messy hair and honestly i wasn't to excited to tame the beast. Out of the corner of my eye I glanced at Damian. His thick hair was in its usual style. He wore a tight dark green shirt and gray sweatpants. He had gotten ridiculously handsome since I had met him. His eyes shone a little more. His jawline was sharper and he was without a doubt taller. Any girl would be lucky to have him but he hasn't dated anyone since Brittany.

I sensed someone's presence behind me and smiled down at my bowl.

"Morning Dick." I greeted never looking up.

"No need for the name calling Willow tree." I heard the fridge door open. Dick was distracted.

Damian and I smiled at eachother and ran and jumped onto Dicks back, surprising him.

He wobbled a little then stopped completely and began to slowly walk backwards.

"No, No NO!" I squealed. My back hit the floor and i soon felt all of Dicks body weight squishing me.

"Help me!" I yelled. Damian was laughing so hard he nearly fell of his chair. The only help i received was the cat walking over and nipping at my hand.

"Please let me go Richard." I pleaded. I was going to suffocate if he didn't move of of me.

"Since it is your day to leave..." He rolled off of me and ran out of the room. I wasn't in the mood to chase him. I actually didn't have time.

I left Damian to finish his breakfast and went upstairs to try to fix my hair. After 10 minutes of trying to look presentable I came to a conclusion, I was going to cut my hair off. I grabbed a pair of hair shears out of the cabinet and lobbed off a good foot of my hair. It now rested about an inch above my shoulder. I styled my side bangs a little and scooped the hair on the counter into the trashcan. I brushed my hair and put on winged eyeliner and burgundy lipstick. I exchanged my sleepwear for a white tulle skirt and a jean button up shirt. I slipped my phone in the waistband of my skirt and slid on a pair of burgundy flats. I switched off the lights in my room and walked down the stairs to wait by the door.

Damian walked down the stairs a few minutes later. He stopped on the 3rd step from the bottom and stared at me for a few seconds.

"What on earth did you do to your hair?!"

"I cut it off." I answered simply.

"Obviously."

Dick and Alfred came in to bid us goodbye and of course Dick couldn't miss the opportunity to tease Damian.

"Now you two are going to be left ALONE in a room together and if you play your cards right little D..." Damian blushed but put on a scowl anyway. Alfred chuckled and wished us well and told us he would be watching Melody and Laya while the rest of the family would be coming to watch.

"Ready to go Dames?" I asked picking up my bags.

"After you Willow." He opened the door and motioned for me to go before him.

I squished my bags and me though the door and walked over to Damian's sleek black sports car. We squished our bags into the trunk and jumped into our seats. And by jumped i quite literally mean jumped. Batmobile habits die hard. The 7 hour drive honestly couldn't have been better. The whole way there we blared music up loud and screamed the lyrics at the top of our lungs. A year ago Damian would never do this but he was different now and I like to think that I played a big part in that. Around lunch time we went through a Taco Bell drive thru and got Dorito tacos and Baja Blast freezes. With two hours left of the drive we turned the music up louder and sang a little louder.

We parked the car in the parking garage and lugged our bags into the hotel lobby. Leaving Damian with the bags, I approached the check in desk and a man with blond hair and glasses greeted me.

"What is a fine lady like yourself doing at a fancy hotel all alone?" His tone made me want to throw up.

A hand slid around my waist protectively. "She is with me." Damian's voice was stern and pointed. The man shrunk back and turned his attention to the computer screen.

"Reservation?" He asked

"Wayne, Lalans Dance Academy" I stated.

"Room 180 penthouse suite C"

"Thank You." Damian spat at the man and turned leading me away from the desk. His arm was still secure around my waist and I had a strange urge to lean my head on his shoulder as we walked.

Damian unlocked the door and we stepped inside. Everything was beautiful. It was basically a small house with a gorgeous view of the beach. I threw my bags onto one of the two beds in the bedroom. I'm already exhausted and it's only 2pm.

This was going to be one long week.

Comment any ideas or suggestions. Even if i dont respond I DO read each and every comment and they mean a lot to me.

                                Stay Awesome,

                                               Nicole