Chapter 22

Im sorry its short :(  ~Nicole

"Will all contestants gather on the stage."

"Thats our cue." Damian pulled me up from my spot and my chair and we walked out onto our spot on the stage.

"Third place is...... Alan Meckendouski and Charity carter, Kashla Dance Company." The audience erupted in loud cheers and the pair took their trophy and stepped back into their spot.

"Second place is ........Sophia Lendal and Carter Green, Lalans Dance Academy." I smiled wide as the whole dance company stood up and cheered.

" First place of the State competition is......." My heart hammered in my chest and I squeezed Damian's hand. "..... Willow Jamison and Damian Wayne, Lalans Dance Academy!" Damian and I stepped forward and accepted our medals and Trophy. The audience cheered and I glanced down to see Dick with a Camera taking as many pictures as the camera would allow.

"Go Little D! Woooooo! Go Willow!." He grabbed Jason by the shoulder. "Thats our little Brother!! Oh MY GOD!" I laughed and Jason tried to play cool but he ended up cheering just as loud.

As soon as we stepped off the stage we were squished in hugs from our family. Damians brothers did not fail to tease him. Then I was caught completely by surprise. Damian smirked in the direction of his brothers teasing and smoothly pulled me into a kiss. It wasn't like the one at prom or the one before our dance. This one was full of passion and love. I felt safe and it was amazing. Damian pulled away and wrapped his arm around me. Sonya and Dick spoke almost in unison.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?!?!?" Sonya and Dick squealed at me and Damian. Everyone laughed and Bruce even smiled a real smile.
This day just keeps getting better and better.