Chapter 23

The song "Dancing Queen" blared through the speakers and Dami and I were, of course, Screaming the lyrics in the car. We were on our way back to Gotham and we were enjoying every minute of it. It was the week of Sonya's wedding and I was actually excited to be her bridesmaid. I haven't heard from Dad, which I thought was odd, so we were going to stop at my house before going the manor.

We pulled into the drive and I hopped out of the car before Damian could kill the engine. I jogged up to the door and knocked. A lady with wavy hair and green eyes opened the door. I dropped my bag in shock.

"Mom?"

"Willow?"

I fell into her arms crying. I haven't seen here in seven years. She pulled me away so she could get a good look at me.

"Oh, you have grown so muchмалютка (malyutka - Little One)!" Her russian accent was brisk but smooth.

I smiled at her and i saw her look to something behind me. I turned to see Damian standing by the car, not sure whether he should come up or not.

"Dami," I called "Come meet my Mama!" It was almost funny how he changed his posture and everything when he was around new people. He walked up to us with his back straight and his feet not moving in front of the opposite one. It was a relaxed stroll that I still don't understand. It looked to me like it was all muscle memory, not something he did intentionally.

He put on a grin and stuck his hand out to my mother.

"Hi, I am Damian wayne, Willows boyfriend." His voice was steady. I couldn't conceal my wide smile as he used the term Boyfriend. My smile grew as my mom launched onto him squeezing him in a tight hug. I laughed at his look of discomfort.

"Might want to let him go Mama. He needs oxygen you know." I teased.

"Oh I suppose he does." She said letting go of him and smoothing her skirt.

"Where is Daddy?" I asked. She frowned slightly.

"He is at work again."
"Oh it's okay mama i'm used to it." She frowned.

"I didn't know you were coming back." I stated bluntly.

"I'm sorry I didn't give any notice in advance but I was too excited to be back. I can't wait to catch up!"

"You've missed a lot mama." I looked away. I thought I wanted her back home but now that she's here I can't help but feel like I didn't want the change.

"I'm sorry dear. How about I make it up to you with your favorite dinner, Kotlety and potatoes!"
"I'm sorry mama but I already made plans with Damian's family."
"Very fine dear. Tomorrow then?"

"Um sorry mama but I am staying at the manor for two weeks for Sonya's wedding."

She made a tsking sound and tried to hide her scowl.

"Very well. See you in two weeks." She briskly shut the door in my face and left Damian and I standing on the porch.

I turned and walked to the car without a word and got in. Damian got in and started the engine. He had the all known Bat Glare plastered on his face but what he was glaring at I couldn't find. I didn't know if I wanted to cry, scream, or beat the shit out of something. After minutes of silence Damian spoke.

" Are you okay?"
"No."

More silence. I spoke next.

"I don't want to live there anymore."

"Are you sure?"

"Dad cares more about his job than me. He just puts on act to look like a father to the unsuspecting eye. Mom left when I was five. They don't truly care about me Damian. They only care about reputation and perfectness."
Damian nodded as we pulled into Wayne manor. I've made my decision. I'm not going back to my fake family, if I could even call them that. I put on a smile and Damian did the same.

When I walked through the door I heard a dance mix that I hadn't heard in years. How did that find those. I walked into the screening room and wanted nothing more but to hide my face and walk back out but it was too late, Jason looked me dead in the eye.

"Why'd you stop dancing like this? You look happier doing this."

"Dad said no lady should move like that on a stage." I replied. I turned to the screen and watched an 11 year old me flawlessly perform Confident.

I smiled as is loaded the dance that drove my dad to making me switch to contemporary entirely. I was 13. Anaconda by Nicki Minaj blared through the speakers. There wasn't any reaction until I started my dance. Damian breathed in sharply behind me. Serenity and Jason had the best reactions out of anyone in the room. Serenity jumped off the couch and ranted excitedly about how she knew that I wasn't a perfectly innocent dancer and a bunch of things i couldn't understand because she was talking so fast. Jason kept it together with a sly smirk on his face until 58 seconds into the video. His hands flew to cover his mouth but didn't quite get there.

"Holy Fuck! I didn't know you had it in you! You did this? Holy- wow!"

Dick couldn't believe that I learned something like that But he was amazed that I could do such things.

Sonya just sent me a smirk and winked at Damian.

I turned to Damian and sent him an innocent smile. He looked me up and down, making me nervous.

"Damn I got lucky." His face was red and he looked a bit flustered.

I looked up at him though my lashes and bit my lip slightly. I sauntered out of the room with a smirk on my face. Something I picked up from Selena

I laughed as I heard Dick and Jason's Teasing towards Damian.

Like Father, like son.