Chapter 26

It was one hour until the wedding and us girls plus Tim were all in the Batcave working on Sonya's knee. Tim had to replace her entire brace causing a bit of panic but luckily Tim had her replacements already made. The process was tedious but with all of our help we had Sonya walking out the door with 5 minutes to spare.

Sonya and Dick had been keen on keeping the wedding venue a secret. The only 2 that knew besides them were Alfred and Bruce. Alfred was waiting for us outside and we all piled in the car. We were a tad squished together but that's alright. The car rolled to a stop and we got out and looked around. Big tents, striped with color, stood all around us. Posters and lights were everywhere. But there was something different then the last time I had been here. It looked older. Then it hit me, this is what the circus looked like when Sonya and Dick were here. Sonya, melody, and Alfred walked to a small tent to wait for their cue and The sirens when to find a seat. The rest of us went to pair up with groomsmen. Artemis and Wally, Serenity and Jason, Bexley and Tim, and Roy and Barbara walked together because of their lack of dates. Of course, Damuan and I walked together. Way in the front Layla ran to hug Carter, Roys son, and they started the wedding off with the cutest little flower tossing ever.

The vows of course, were adorable. Bruce clapped the loudest causing the two to laugh as they walked back down the aisle. The reception was held in another circus tent. The music was fun and upbeat and everyone was dancing including little Carter and Layla. As the night went on Damian and I found ourselves sitting at a table in the back of the tent talking. Just talking, not planning or teasing, Talking.

"You know, I don't think I would have been who I am today without those two." Damian said looking over at Dick and Sonya laughing and dancing. "I was a horrid child. They taught me respect, trust, and family. I never would have learned that in the league."

"They're the glue. Aren't they? They keep everyone together."

" I wasn't there, but between Jason and Tim i've almost heard the whole story. When Sonya found Dick again after the circus they were always together. Soon Sonya took up the role as Finch. She learned from Barbara and was stationed at mount justice for a while. She was kidnapped by the Joker at one of the galas and she was missing for 5 years. Everything went downhill from there. Dick left, Jason was killed, Batman was more violent, things were the worst they've ever been. When they rescued Sonya, Tim says that Dick came back at his worst. Sonya was in bad shape and Dick felt that it was his fault."

Damian paused and looked over at the two dancing, Sonya standing on the tops of Dicks feet. "There are things that they wouldn't tell me and they still won't. If anything i learned it was Harley who gave hints to Sonyas whereabouts. I guess hurting family was Harley's last straw. Sonya is harleys aunt which was a bit of a shock to Dick when he found out."

"Wow." I didn't know what else to say.

"I know. Maybe happy endings are real."

"You think?" I asked looking into his blue eyes.

"Well since i found you i certainly am happy."

"Me too." I whispered as Damian took my hand and led to to the dancefloor.