Pancakes

I smile to myself as i inhale the smokey and sweet smell of frying bacon and chocolate pancakes. Damian was up early today.
Five years ago today i found myself jumping with joy at the news that i was going to be a mother. Three years ago today was the last time i heard from Jason after he disappeared off the map for a mission he told no one but Ren and me about. I sighed as i unwrapped myself from my blanket burrito and stretched, preparing myself for another day of being a part of the batfamily. I slipped on a pair of black jeggings and a white sweater and threw my hair up in a bun.
I stopped for a moment and took in the sounds of the house.
  Sizzling of bacon on a hot pan.
  Classical music playing from pipers radio.
  Low voices talking in the kitchen.
  Giggles from downstairs.
Dick must be here with Mel anz Layla. I thought to myself.

I walked down the stairs and saw Delilah questioning a man in the kitchen that appeared to be helping Damian with breakfast.

"What does that word mean?" Del asked.
"Something little girls arent supposed to hear." Damian interjected.
"Okay, fine, who are you?" Well im glad she asked before i did.
"You dont remember me?"
"Am i supposed to?" She walked closer to the man and disappeared out of the doorway.
The man laughed and i decided this was too weird not to investigate. Who drops by for a visit at 6am?
Damian focused intently on his bacon and i snuck in with out anyone noticing. Or at least thats what i thought. The man stood straighter and boped Delilah on the nose.
"Morning Wil."
I dropped my coffe mug on the groud and everone in the kitchen turned to face me.
"Jay?" I couldnt believe it. I have dreamt this moment so many times but i never thought it would come true.
"Im home." He shot me his signature smirk and i laughed and ran across the room and jumped into his arms.
Delilah cleared her throat " ummm what?"
Damian chuckled and picked her up.
"Del, this is your uncle Jason and mommy hasn't seen him im a very long time."
Her emeral eyes widened and she tucked a strand of curly black hair behind her ear.
"Ohhhhh. Wait? I have ANOTHER uncle?!"
She pressed her hands to the sides of her face as Jason put me down.
"WHERE DO THEY KEEP COMING FROM?!?!?"
Laughter filled the kitchen and that morning was filled with catching up and pancakes.

Hey guys its been a while. Leave me some ideas below.
×Nicole