Chapter 13:

I woke up to that alarm again, that stupid annoying non stop beeping alarm. I put my head under the pillow to drowned out the sound. It worked for a few minutes untill the beeping got louder. I squint my eyes and look over at the clock.

1 am.

Are you serious? why was I waking up at 1 in the morning. I looked around to see if Jake was in the room, he wasnt, I kinda figured since I didn't feel him. Feel him, oh god. The fact alone, that I can sense him bothers me. I mean the way my body acts around him is just not normal! I've heard horomones can be a bitch but they can do that! But I'm going to tell myself its horomones so I can stay sane.

"Beeep!" Another round of beeps reminded me why I was even awake.

I picked up the alarm clock, a piece of paper and a little rectangular plastic remote fell on the bed.

"Whats this?" I said confused.

I grabbed the paper and unfolded it. It was a letter because I could tell it was human writting or vampire writting whatever. It was dark in the room so I fliped on the lamp. I grabbed the remote and pushed off. The alarm clock stopped and I was relieved. I wanted to break it so badly, but I thought it was best to not completely piss of jake...yet.

I decided to read the letter. I picked it up and it said:

Dear Heather,

I have set your alarm to 1 am, this is the time vampires usually wake up. No its not because we burn in sunlight, clearly you know that since we were outside yesterday. It is just how our biological clock is set. Since you will be living with me and you belong to me , you need to follow my schedual. This clock will go off each day at 1am, you are expected to be awake and downstairs by 1:30 dressed and decent. I gave you the privelege of having the remote. If you miss even one day i will take it back.

see you at 1:30

Jake

"Are you serious?" I whispered to myself.

Since I have no choice, I got up and picked out an outfit from my closet. I did a simple face wash and hair brush. Then put on a thin layer of make up, and sprayed some nice smelling stuff on me. I was ready to face dracula!

Closing the door behined me I went downstairs. There was some rustling in the kitchen so I assumed he was in there. Pushing open the doors, I see Jake setting out breakfast. It looked amazing, pancakes with sausage and bacon. My stomach let out a huge grumble.

"Come eat you have about 15 mins" He informed me.

"15 minutes till what?" I asked.

"You have dance class tonight, from 2-6" He smirked.

I had totally forgotten about that, considering there was so much more stuff on my mind.

"I have to go?" I whinned.

"You definitly have to go"

"I really dont think I will improve much since the ball is only in a few weeks"

"Anything helps, and it gets you off my hands for awhile" He said rudley.

"Um, I dont need a baby sitter. I also dont mind you not keeping me company either" I snapped hurt.

His eyes snapped to mine with amusment in them. Did I say something funny? He walked swifty up to me, leaving about a 3 inch gap between us. I stared blankly up at him, trying to keep my breathing under control.

"Dont be emarrassed heather, i already know you have a crush on me. You dont have to deny or pretend you dont want to spend every waking minute with me." He smiled and ran a finger down my cheek.