Chapter 30: Zach

.

Okay so if you didnt read the full version of the last chapter with Jakes pov you need to go back first... if you did then here we go!

"Jake?" I asked quietly as we drove along the dirt road through the winding trees.

"Yes" He said.

"How many people are going to be at this dinner?" I was nervous playing with my hands as they became clamy.

"The royals, and a few guests." He answered in a monotone. It wasnt like him at all to just answer me and leave it at that. Like he didn't care to know why I was asking or if I was okay.

"Oh, so like 30?" I asked and looked up at him.

"something like that." He replied vaugly and kept his eyes on the road. He wasnt going to keep acting like this, I had to pressure it out of him. Whatever was bothering him he is going to tell me.

"So give me an estimation... or a clue... like are they nice? Am I going to be sitting by you? Do I have to bow when I see your parents? Is there any certain table manners I may not know? .. Do you always act wierd before major events? .. Do you.." I kept going till he cracked.

"Heather! Just stop with all the questions already!" He squeezed the stering wheel and closed his eyes for a second.

"well than atleast answer a few." I crossed my arms and pouted.

"About 50 altogether give or take a few, yes you will be sitting next to me, my parents will be seated when you arrive so no you wont be bowing, when it comes to table manners just dont slurp or spill on yourself, and i am not acting wierd your just annoying." He rolled his eyes and turned up the music, probably so I wouldn't ask any more questions,

I smiled to myself at my victory and sat back going over all the information he told me. Fifty people...wow thats alot of people at a dinner table. What if someone asks me a question and all fifty pairs of eyes shift to me? I shuddered at the thought.

"What?" Jake asked and looked at me curiously.

"Just a bad imagination, it nothing." I shook my head and bit my lip.

"Bad imagination? Like your thinking of...naughty things?" His words were full of humor and surprise. I seen his lips quiver up.

"No!" I responded too fast so I sounded definitly guilty.

He burst out laughing but tried to hold it in.

"I cant believe your thinking like that before dinner with my parents." he shook his head and laughed again.

"Im not I swear!" I put my hands up and then slapped them on my thighs. "I was just thinking about how scary it would be if all fifty pairs of eyes were on me, and how nervous I'd be!" I rushed out and sat back.

"Oh." He stopped laughing and turned to me. "That wont happen, even if you are dressed like the most beautiful girl in the world." He smiled and pulled into the gateway that had guard pointing us to the area to park.

He thinks I'm beautiful? I smiled to myself and got all tingly inside like a young girl.

OMG what if I sweat? what if i start to really smell and these vampires have super senses so they will all get up and leave because of me. Crap crap crap. I just need to stay calm, like really calm.