Chapter 19:dancing

The next few days went by pretty normally, Jake sat in the corner not talking to me and i sat and watched movies. It began to become boring, and I was becoming restless. Everytime I suggested going outside or somewhere  Jake would say no, and that I needed to sleep.

"Jake, I need to go to dance class, I will look stupid at the ball if I dont keep practicing." I whinned hoping he would see truth in my words.

"You will look stupid no matter what, you cant learn to feel music in just a few days, it could take a very long time." He said seriously.

"I can feel music, I'm just not good with the steps." I huffed and crossed my arms. I knew I was a "white girl" But that didnt mean I couldn't dance.

"The first step is to feel the beat, the moves with flow easliy from it." He looked into my eyes and my breath became shallow.

"How do I learn to Feel the beat?" I asked softer than I thought.

"Its something the heart and mind controls, but Im not going to waste my time-"

"show me" I cut him off staring into his eyes, captivating him.

"Is there a point?" He half smiled seducing me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Whats in it for me?" He leaned back with his arms crossed.

"Besides the fact that it will save you embarrasment at the ball, what else do you want?" I said giving him back the same ferocity.

"I wont be embarrased by you, people will just feel bad for me, but you wont be danced with the whole night more than likely." He laughed.

What a prick.

"Just show me and stop being arrogant." I rolled my eyes.

He was right in front of me in a flash of a second. My heart sped up as his closness made my body instantly move closer to him.

"Ill ignore that this time, but don't expect it again." he whispered onto my lips.

I just stared at him, watching his lips move and glide along those perfect teeth. I just wanted to hold him, stroke his hair back behind his ear.

"Heather, concentrate Im going to teach you." He stepped back and pulled me up.

"Okay"

"The beat comes from the instruments in the song, typically drums. Alot of the times you can get the rythem from the drum beats." He spoke and put both hands on my shoulders.

"Im going to play a simple piano song with drum beats try to follow me.." He spoke and grabbed a small remote from his pocket and pressed a button.

------> play you tube video now!

Okay so it starts a bit slow but get ready. Ill play the beat on your shoulders try to feel it.

As he did I started to really feel it "boom chit boom -boom chit" I started to sway to it and Jake stopped me.

"Dont sway to it, bounce with it." He said.  Left right left right he started to move from one foot to another and moved with the music. I copied his moves but he had to keep my upper body from moving.

"Its in the legs, ready one two three" He started to glide.

step to the left, opened his legs, crossed over, then closed. It looked really cool but I was nervous to try. I knew I'd look stupid.

"Just try, you cant get better if you dont start anywhere." He said sweetly clearly dancing made him feel good.

I tried and i started to really feel it, I even started to branch off into my own moves.