chapter 20: finding out info

Fioni came and picked me up this time. I really had no objections to it, I'd rather not deal with Jake for a little while anyway. I need some peace and quiet to clear my head. The ball was really stressing me out.

I tilted my head back and took some concentrating breathes then I began to think. I hate when I do that because once I start thinking about something I cant let it go. The very thing I was thinking about was Jake, and what he was doing right now that kept him from getting me.

"Are you alright?" Fioni's small voice drifted to me.

"Yeah, just thinking" I sighed

"What about?" She asked curiously not in the annoying way but more like a good friend.

"I'll tell you if you give me an answer." I said suddenly having noticed she probably knew where he was.

"What?" She asked

"I want to know something that you know, so i'll tell you what im thinking if you answer what i want to know." I knew it sounded confusing but it sounded right in my brain.

"Okay.... I can try?" she sounded not sure so i had to put my hard hat on.

"No you have to tell me or I'm not tellin you" I crossed my arms and looked all pouty.

"Oh my gosh... you know Im a girl, pouting is for boys... but since I'm curious ....okay!" she yelled

I whipped toward her in my seat and smiled big.

"Okay so why isn't Jake picking me up? Is he out... you know... drinking someone?" I blinked really fast awaiting her answer.

She turned whiter, and swallowed deep.

"Curiosity really does kill the cat." She mumbled.

"Well?" I asked.

"You wont be happy..." She started but I just said "I dont care.

"Jake is with your parents, he has to brainwash them again." She said slowly

"Why does he have to do it again?" my voice was almost inaudible, the thought of my parents made me want to cry.

"Its not something that can just last and last." She said calmly "It has to be done every month, then once year till...they ... you know...die" She had a hard time with the last word.

A few tears accidently slid down my face and i wiped them away hasitly.

"I should just stop your already upset." She pulled into the drive and sighed.

"Theres more?" I asked incrediously

"Yes, but you dont want to hear it." She said almost upset herself.

"I dont want to, but I need to." I whispered.

She nodded her head "There is only one way to go about brainwashing" She looked at me.

I nodded my head for her to go on.

"He has to drink their blood" She said slowly.

My heart dropped and my mind froze. I couldn't breathe everything was slow motion. Jake was drinking my parents! That was unacceptable and I would not tolerate it. I took deep breaths till my breathing came back and anger took over.

"When will he be back?" I asked through gritted teeth

"Soon, can you say someone else told you? He will kill me for this, I know it." I had a tear in her eye.

"I will protect you, I'll say one of ambers friends told me how it was done." I said so she would not freak out. The last thing i wanted was for her to get hurt, I didnt want to get anyone hurt.

-----------------------

I sat in my room comtemplating how I would confront Jake. Would I just ignore him from now on? Or should I tell him to get his nasty fangs away from my parents!

"Hmph I dont know what to do!" I shoved myself off my bed and left my room. Sitting here isnt going to change anything or how I feel.

I walked around mindlessly not really having any certain place I wanted to go. The house was very intricatly designed and had alot of random rooms. I would open a few here and there and most would either be storage or just empty. What a waste, there are people homeless who would just love a floor to sleep on. Yet i dont know if they would like to sleep at a vampires house....

I kept on moving down the hall untill I hit a T at the end. I looked left and it just cirlcled around to the stairs but on the right was a double door room. This door intrigued me but something told me i shoud'nt be going into it. So what do I do? I look around and go in.

The aroma once I walked in was intoxicating, like a combination of axe and just showered smell. This was somones bedroom, there was a king sized bed next to the wall and a few dressers around the room. It was a little bigger than my room witha one wall being complete windows. The room was themed black but had traces red around the room.

I walked around the room trying to get an idea who stayed in here. There was a hamper next to a dresser with guy clothes so this is probably Jakes room. I seen some picture frames on the dressers and decided to take a peek.

There was one of him and his brother at a party or bar. He looked happy almost human actually. I hadn't seen his brother since the night he lured me into their house. I slammed the frame back down angry at how stupid I was to just go in without even knowing him.

I was about to walk away when I seen another frame with a girl in it. She was very pretty, and looked like she didnt want her picture taken but gigled anyway. Maybe this was Jake's girlfriend, maybe he really didn't want anything to do with me. I was just something he owned and I'd never be the happy girl in a picture on his dresser. .... but did I want to be anyway?

I didn't want to be in this room anymore, I left and shut the door. I didn't know how I felt at the moment but I knew I didnt want to be bothered.

I went outside and found the closet tree that I could climb. I jumped up and leaned back on the branch.

What was I going to do? I want to leave, i need to leave. Its time to play dirty. I'm going to pretend to go along with what he wants and once he trusts me, Im going to get him.

------------------------------------

Yes she plans on killing him.

Comment and I'll upload sooner!

sorry it took so long this time but.... i had gotten a new car and had to get a wheel bearing changed.. so i took it to pep boys and they changed it but didnt tighten the lug nuts on my tire so it flew off my car.... so ive been dealing with this...