Hey I Just Met You - Sterek

A/N: Another short Sterek fic because I am slightly, a little, possibly too much in love with Sterek.

Sterek AU: The one where Stiles is pretending to know more than he does about baseball and Derek is the bartender at his local sports bar.

“Oh come on! Why would you hit it there?” Stiles said, waving his arms at the TV behind the bar and downing the last of his beer.

“You know, I swear you were cheering for the blues on the last innings.” Scott chuckled, lips hidden behind the rim of his glass.

“Yeah well I’m more about the atmosphere of the thing.” Stiles said with a shrug.

Scott laughed and turned back to the screen. Stiles stretched out and stood up to get another round for the two of them, walking up to the bar and resting his elbows on it.

As he waited to be served something – or rather someone – caught his eye as he barged through the kitchen doors.

“Where the hell have you been?” The manager growled as the sexy newcomer finished tying the apron around his waist. “You’re ten minutes late.”

“Won't happen again, scouts honour.” He gave the manager a smile that could melt steel and Stiles knew that he was probably drooling a little at his perfect jaw and teeth, and he hadn’t even looked any further down yet.

“Get to work.” The manager barked and the stranger nodded before heading right over to Stiles, who was looking away and pretending that he didn’t have a semi in his jeans.

“Hey, what can I get you?” He asked with those perfect teeth and that smile.

“Ah, two pints thanks.” He said.

“Anything in particular?” The stranger grinned a little more.

“Right, right… whatever’s running really. I’m not much of a beer drinker.” He said honestly.

“What is your poison then?” He asked as he grabbed two fresh glasses.

“I’m pretty fond of tequila, well, I think I am anyway.” The stranger chuckled and bobbed his head. “In trouble with the boss huh?”

The stranger grunted a little. “Yeah… he isn’t too happy when I show up late, can't imagine why.”

“You’d think that was against protocol or something.”

He laughed out loud as he finished topping off the second pint. “Yeah, weird that. Eight fifty for those.”

Stiles put the money on the counter plus a decent tip and the stranger raised an eyebrow. “Keep the change, start your night off well.” He smiled.

“I think that’s possible. Thanks.” He gave Stiles thanks with a nod and headed off to serve someone else.

God, fuck me. He thought, scratch that, let that guy do it. Up against a wall or bent over the bar, just fucking fuck me.

He walked back over and sat next to Scott, putting down their drinks and grunting loudly. Scott turned with an eyebrow raised.

“What’s up your ass?”

“Nothing… that’s the problem.” He grumbled and Scott laughed.

“Okay then, going through a dry spell are you?”

“Yes, like seriously, if guys like him keep showing up unannounced I am going to explode over here.” He groaned.

“Which guy?” Scott looked over to the bar.