Keep Your Friends Close and Their Brothers Closer - Sterek

A/N: More Sterek! An AU without wolves this time :) Please comment!

                                * * *

Normal Teenagers AU: Stiles and Cora are lab partners in their junior year and do their studying at the Hale house where sexy-older-brother Derek spends most of his time while he’s on his college break.

“Stiles, are you even listening to me?” Cora asked impatiently as she tapped her pencil on the chemistry book.

“Cora, I finished this chapter when I was a sophomore, you’re the one who actually needs the help.” He grinned and she kicked him under the table.

“Don’t be a jerk, and what I actually said was that it’s getting late, did you want to stay over for dinner?” She said with a smile.

“Yeah sure, that would be awesome considering it’s probably canned spaghetti otherwise.” He said.

“Awesome, let me just go tell my mom and then you can teach me how to balance this damn equation.” She said, pushing her chair back and heading into the kitchen.

Stiles stretched himself out, his stomach practically growling at the thought of a decent home cooked meal. As much as his dad tried there was no use in denying that his cooking was atrocious, and Stiles’ wasn’t much better.

He’d never had dinner with the Hale’s before. He’d met Laura once or twice, she was nice but totally badass and scary. She was Cora’s oldest sibling, then there was a brother – Derek, and then came Cora and her younger sister Sarah and eight year old brother Kyle. Come to think of it, the only one Stiles hadn’t met was Derek, and that’s because he was away at college most of the time.

He studied locally but chose to stay on campus most of the time because a houseful of brothers and sisters and occasionally cousins was definitely enough to drive a guy mad.

Cora walked back in and sat down. “Alright, mom is totally prepared to interrogate you because she thinks we’re dating, and you are going to love her lasagne.”

Stiles raised his eyebrows. “I hope you set her straight.” He smiled.

She shrugged. “She believes what she wants to, but if you even think about making a move on me I will kill you.”

Stiles just laughed and helped her with her equation before they gave up on chemistry and settled in for some TV before dinner. Cora wasn’t wrong about her mother’s interrogation tactics, Stiles almost choked at a few of her questions while Laura and Cora chewed their food with silent not-so-hidden smiles on their faces.

After their dinner and stiles was collecting his books from their study nook he made the comment that it was a night that he wouldn’t forget – not knowing how right he was because as he opened the front door to leave he came face to face (almost nose to nose) with the most gloriously handsome man he had ever met.