Draw Me a Little More - Sterek

A/N: some sterek because I can't help myself!

~ ~ ~

Sterek AU: Artist!Stiles and Shy!Derek meet in a coffee-house when their waiter, Barista!Isaac, points out to Derek that Stiles has been staring at him.

Derek didn’t have a lot to do in his life.

He managed stocks and owned a few investment houses which meant all he had to do was collect his shares and manage his tenants, all of which were quite laid-back and always paid their rent on time.

The rest of the time he was free to do as he liked, and there were many things that he enjoyed doing. Mostly he did them alone; he had always been a little bit of a loner. When his sister Cora came to town she would drag him up and down and all over the place claiming that he didn’t get out enough.

While he liked going out and meeting new people, nothing suited him better than sitting in his local coffee-shop reading as he made his way through two large cappuccinos and more often than not a slice of apple pie.

He sat in the same spot every time and he was in there at least three times a week. The barista knew his order too, he would even bring him his second cup of coffee if he’d been sitting there with his nose in his book for more than an hour. He was probably the closest thing to a friend Derek had these days, well, if you don’t count his sisters.

This particular day he sat up at the counter, one hand holding his paper-back and the other holding the coffee cup as he downed the last of cup number one. He put it back down on the saucer and pushed his black frames up higher on his nose.

In an instant Isaac was there to take the cup from him.

“You must read about three books a week, I swear that’s not the same one from yesterday,” he said with a smile, flicking his dish-rag over his shoulder.

Derek looked up with a smile, noting the page number and putting the book down on the counter. “Probably closer to four, I have a lot of time.”

“Clearly,” Isaac said. “If only all of us could be so lucky.”

“Not jealous are you?” Derek smiled.

“Me? No, of course not. Coffee is where it’s at,” he said.

“And here I was thinking you were passionate about your job,” Derek said.

Isaac smiled as he turned to hand the used coffee cup to one of the other waitresses. “You know I actually am? Only I dream of owning the shop, not just serving in it.”

“If I ever decide to invest in one I’ll remember that.”

“So, your usual I assume?”

“I don’t see why not,” Derek said.

“I don’t see why you have to drink the coffee first and then order a piece of pie, but that’s just me.”

“It’s just how I do it,” Derek chuckled a little.

“I know, I know. One apple pie coming right up, sans coffee,” Isaac laughed, his eyes looking up for a moment. “By the way, the guy in the side booth has been casually checking you out since you came in, just in case you wanted to know.”

Derek felt the tips of his ears flush a little as Isaac shot him a grin and he turned slowly to the side. There was only one guy in a booth, the few other people were sitting at tables or in pairs, and this one guy was scribbling something down into his notebook.