Be My Valentine? - Sterek

A/N: You guessed it, more Sterek.

Sterek Valentine’s Day AU:         The one where Stiles is sick and tired of being alone on Valentine’s Day and Derek is sick and tired of his subtle affections being ignored.

The sound of a long exasperated groan filled the silent air of the loft. Isaac and Derek turned their heads away from the TV and over to where Stiles was sitting – more like lying – on the couch with his head hanging over the side and his foot propped up on the top.

“Did you say something over there?” Derek asked.

“Hmm, what? Oh no, nothing.” He said.

Derek and Isaac exchanged glances. They both knew that he had something to say and wanted someone to take an interest before he started one of his regular rants.

It took only a few more silent minutes before another long hard sigh came out of Stiles’ slightly parted mouth. Derek paused the movie and again they looked over at him.

“What? What is it?” He asked.

“It’s that time of year again.” Stiles said.

“February?” Isaac offered and Derek smiled.

“No you idiot, well, kind of, but I mean that day in February. You know… the one that I always end up spending alone in my room watching those stupid TV rom-coms and will probably be doing more of the same this year. And you and Scott don’t really have to rub it in with your happiness – that’s just cruel.” He said pointedly to Isaac.

“I thought you were coming over here to watch the entire batman collection tomorrow.” Derek said and Stiles scoffed.

“Yeah, I think that might just be slightly more pathetic than going it alone on Valentine’s Day.” He said.

Isaac’s eyes darted to Derek who was just shaking his head before standing up and walking past them both to the kitchen.

“Oh come on, you have to agree with me.” Stiles said.

“Yeah, okay Stiles.” Derek muttered.

“What’s his problem?” Stiles whispered to Isaac who raised his brows impossibly high.

“Dude, seriously?” He said.

Stiles just gave him a confused look. “What?”

“I’m going up to bed, maybe you should ask him yourself.” Isaac whispered the last part.

As Isaac tore himself away from the bottom floor of the loft, Stiles looked over to Derek, pouring himself a glass of whiskey and downing it in one.

“You uh, you want to tell me why you’re pissed at me all of a sudden?” He asked, walking into the kitchen to meet him.

“I’m not pissed with you Stiles.” Derek said with his tone exasperated.

“So what’s with the booze and the short words? You have to admit that it’s totally lame for us to be spending Valentine’s in watching the geekiest thing ever.” He said.

“Did you ever think that…” Derek started but stopped himself, pouring another glass and making it disappear almost instantly.

“Did I ever think what?”

“Forget it.” Derek said, walking past Stiles and back to the couch.

“No, what is it?” Stiles asked, following him and taking a seat next to him. “Did I ever think…?”

“Clearly it doesn’t matter so just drop it Stiles.”

“How well do you know me, huh? How often do I just drop something?” He said.