And That Other Thing Too - Gallavich

A/N: This is IanxMickey again, a follow on from Shit's Pretty Fucked Up Right Now.

Still an addict.

*     *     *

And That Other Thing Too

Gallavich

Part II

It took all of three beers and fifteen minutes for Mickey to high-tail it outside. He couldn’t take any of it any longer so he left, waiting around the side near the back door and blazing up a cigarette the second he hit the cold night air.

For more than an hour he waited outside, impatience creeping into him from all corners. When Ian finally made it outside he threw his cigarette butt into the melting ice on the floor and walked over to him.

“Thought you said an hour Gallagher, I’m freezing my fucking dick off out here.” He said.

Ian just smirked a little. “Wouldn’t want that.”

Mickey just looked down at his feet as he began walking with Ian at his side.

“So how’d you get here anyway? You boost a car or something?” He asked.

“Nah man, caught the bus.” Mickey said with a quick sniff.

Ian nodded a little. He tried not to think about how much effort he went to in order to get him back home. Instead he thought about Liam in the hospital and what the hell could be going on back in that house on the South Side.

“So you know any more about―”

“I told you Gallagher you gotta ask them about it. I don’t know shit about any of it.”

“Real helpful Mick.” Ian said. “They home?”

“What? Right now? Probably at the hospital. You need to clean yourself anyway, you smell like shit.” Mickey said, stopping to wait at the stop for the bus. “You can crash at mine.” He said coarsely, trying to hide the offer to spend more time with him behind his usual rough demeanour.

“How’d Svetlana feel about that?”

“Fuck her is what I feel about that.” Mickey said.

“Yeah, okay then. I miss Mandy anyway.” Ian said.

Neither of them spoke much more until the bus showed up, and then again until they got back to the Milkovich’s. Mandy practically threw herself into Ian’s arms, poking fun at his eyeliner and ruffling his bright hair before kissing him numerous times on the cheek.

Mickey muttered something about not needing to see all of that and stormed off towards his bedroom.

“I didn't think he would seriously go down there.” Mandy said, leaning against the kitchen counter. “It’s not really his style.”

Ian was back to staring at his feet again. “Didn’t think he’d be asking me back here either.”

“Yeah well, dad broke parole and there’s no way I’m paying his bail for another week at least.” Mandy rolled her eyes and Ian nodded. “If you’re thinking about the Russian then don’t worry, she works pretty late most nights.”

“You mind if I take a shower?”

Mandy smiled. “What do I care?”

Ian gave her a nudge and turned away, heading to the bathroom to freshen up, still covered in sweat and grime from the club. Closing the door behind him, he looked up at himself in a smashed mirror but he could still see the remnants of that life he had been living.