-Chapter Twenty One-

Stiles had woke up in a blurry haze. His father was next to him, sat in a worn and torn chair gently stroking the sheets on Stiles' hospital bed. He yawned loudly, putting the Sheriff on high alert, causing his eyes to shoot at Stiles.

"Where's Derek?" Is the first thing that flies out of Stiles' mouth. Sheriff looks down.

"He had to go."

"Tell me it's not true." Stiles frowned sadly, sitting up in his bed. "Tell me he's not left me." The Sheriff averts his eyes.

"Stiles, I don't think he's coming back." He pauses trying to break it to his son gently. "...coming back to you."

"I'm going to find him." Stiles pushed his covers aside, and turned himself so his legs were hanging off of the bed.

"Oh no you're not. You're not going anywhere."

"Dad I need to sort things out between us and-"

"No Stiles. This is Derek's fault that you're here and you need to heal, so here you stay." Stiles let out a 'humph' loudly and sighed. He tucked himself back into his bed. After a few moments of silence, Stiles had an idea.

"Can I have my phone?" He asked as innocently as he could.

"What for Stiles?" The Sheriff asked clearly agitated.

"I want to text Scott." Sighing, his dad handed over the phone, causing Stiles to grin widely. His plan had worked. He begin typing a message to Derek.

To Derek:

Please come see me, we need to sort things out. My dad is letting me have my phone so at least talk to me via text, Derek. I need you.

~ From Stiles.

Stiles sighed after sending the text. He knew Derek probably wouldn't reply but, it was worth a try. He set the phone down next to him.

"Dad?"

"Yes Stiles?" The Sheriff replied, clearly annoyed that Stiles kept asking questions and pestering him.

"Can you get me a drink?"

"There's water on the table next to your head." Stiles turns to the bedside cabinet, scowling at the jug of water.

"A drink that's not water and is hot chocolate." Stiles grins at his father. "Please..." Sighing, the Sheriff gets up and leaves to get Stiles his hot chocolate. Grinning, Stiles picks up his phone. Derek had replied.

To Stiles:

I want to see you. But I can't. Scott doesn't want me anywhere near you, nor your dad. I respect that.

~ From Derek.

Stiles frowns, quickly texting back a reply.

To Derek:

I know you respect what they're saying but it's wrong. This is not your fault Derek. Come see me, please.

~ From Stiles.

He clicks the send button and looks up being frightened to death by Scott stood there. They stare at each other.

"Who are you texting?" Scott asks a knowing look on his face. Stiles had been caught.

"Uh just... Lydia, I'm telling her that I'm good, you know."

"Stiles. I know when you're lying." He reaches out for Stiles' phone, catching Stiles off guard.

"No! Scott!" He shouts. And then he cringes, he was going to get caught. Scott shook his head as if he had been betrayed.

"I knew it! Stiles he caused your injuries, why do you want him here?"

"It wasn't his fault!" Stiles yelled.

And with the worst timing possible, in came Derek. Scott roared, striding up to Derek and throwing him into a wall by his neck. He throws his hands up in defeat.

"I'm not here to cause trouble..." Derek said quietly. Scott shakes his head angrily, letting his claws protrude through Derek's skin. Stiles gets off his bed, hobbling over to the two trying to break them apart.

"Scott let him go!" Stiles held onto his neck, it being slightly painful. "I invited him here. I can see who I want with you intervening!" Scott frowned, loosening his hold on Derek. He nods and releases Derek from his grip.

Then literally when Stiles thought the whole situation couldn't get any worse, his dad walked in. He places the hot chocolates down. And turns to Derek.

"How dare you come back after doing this to my son?" He asked Derek viciously. Derek looked down.

"You're right. I'm sorry, I'm going to leave now." Stiles stopped him from leaving, pressing his hand against his chest.

"No. You're not leaving." He turned to Scott and the Sheriff. "You two are leaving."

"Stiles we're just trying to protect you-" Scott began.

"Out." He demanded and pointed at the door. "I can see who I want, when I want. Out." He opened the door, Scott hung his head and left. He turned to his dad. "And you." The Sheriff nodded, respecting his son's wishes and left the room.

He turned to Derek.

"You were trying to protect me, this isn't your fault." He gestures to his neck with his not broken arm.

"I shouldn't have left you there alone Sti, she could have killed you." He looks down sadly.

"Hey. I'm okay." He lifts Derek's chin up, looking directly into his eyes. "I'm okay and we're okay, okay?" Derek nods looking clearly upset. "I love you..." He whispers.

"I can't...Scott is listening."

"So?" He leans closer. "I love you."

"I love you too." And they share a long kiss, tasting Derek's minty lips.

"Please don't leave me. Ever." Derek smiles, having the same effect on Stiles.

"I couldn't ever. This morning was the hardest thing ever, I want to visit you desperately but I didn't want to cause trouble..."

"Wherever you are there's trouble, Der." Stiles taps Derek's nose and they both laugh loudly. It was true, Derek seemed to always cause chaos and trouble but in all chaos is calculation. Derek had by now easily calculated, he couldn't ever leave Stiles.