Chapter 8: What Are You Doing To Me

"I can't believe you're taking me to a party," I groaned.

"It's better than nothing!" He replied.

Within the first 5 minutes in the road, I must've changed the station atleast ten times.

"Dammit, Elena. Freaking make up your mind already!" Zayn mutterd under his breath.

"Take a shower. Get dressed and I'll see you in exactly 20 minutes. I'm taking you out. You better stop crying, that douche does not deserve you tears. Not even fucking close." I suddenly remembered. He sounds so sexy whenever he swore. 

Eventually I settled on one station. “And it’s going to be clear skies, with a low of about 60 degrees tonight in London.” I heard the weatherman on the radio said.

I sighed and changed the station one last time. I heard the same voice of Ed Sheeran again.

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved 

Wanna be loved 

Wanna be loved 

This feels like I've fallen in love 

Fallen in love 

Fallen in love"

Are you freaking serious? I was about to change the station when- "Dammit Elena, I'll just turn it off okay?" Zayn said as he smacked the radio off.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see his fingers tapping alongside the window. He was sliently singing a song. Somehow his voice made me feel safe and happy.

I didn't talk for the whole ride and all I heard was our breathing and his singing.

"Yesterday, you asked me something I thought you knew.

So I told you with a smile 'It's all about you'

Then you whispered in my ear and you told me too,

Said, 'You make my life worthwhile, it's all about you.'" He was singing All About You by McFly. My favorite song.

"Elena, wake up we're here!" I rubbed my eyes and I was greeted by Zayn's grinning face. I got out of the car and looked at my surroundings.

"Zayn this isn't a party," I frowned.

"I know, it's a fair. Now let's get inside quick!" He says as he grabbed my hand pulling me into the line.

We just kept walking around the fair till we reached the game section. All of the huge stuffed animals were hanging from the top of the tents and one of the huge teddy bears caught my eye. I couldn’t help but smile at it. It was a large and purple fluffy bear.

“Excuse me,” Zayn asked the game attendant as he noticed me looking up at it. “I’d like to play a round of this game if that’s alright.”

“Zayn,” I said with a confused look on my face. “These games are impossible to win. Look at it.”

The goal of the game was to be able to throw a little ring and have it land on atleast five of the 50 bottles laid out in front of us.

“I can always try. For you.” He said, whispering the last part. He took 10 little rings from the attendant. “Do you see that bear up there?”  he continued, pointing up at the bear I had my eyes on a few seconds ago. “I want to win that for you.”

A huge smile spread across my face as Zayn started the game. The first 3 throws just bounced off the bottles. I kept encouraging him and when he would mess up, I would rub his arms, telling him that it’s alright. But on his last try, one of the rings caught on the bottle and he let out a childish scream.