Enchanted - Chapter 1

Jake and I have been best friends since we were five. We've been inseparable since then. Until Bella Swan came along. Now Jake ignores me and hangs out with her every day. All because stupid Edward left her.

Now all I have is Embry and Quil, they don't even like Jake hanging out with Bella so much either. He's just left the three of us behind, well more me because he's in the same pack as Embry and Quil.

I sighed and got out of bed.

I still had to go to school, even if it meant seeing him again.

After my shower I put on light blue jeans and a black tank top. I grabbed a thin purple sweatshirt and slipped on my black converse.

I sat down in front of my mirror. I fixed my light brown curls and glossed my lips to make them a bit shiny. I put on a bit of brown eyeliner and mascara. I don't really like make up, I just thought it was necessary. I don't put on a lot though. Only eyeliner and sometimes mascara.

I put on my black beanie and grabbed my bag. I grabbed a piece of toast and walked into the chilly February air. I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked to my car. I got it for my sixteenth birthday from my dad.

"Harper wait!" I heard someone yell, I turned around. Embry and Quil were running in my direction. I smiled as they stopped in front of me. "Can we ride with you?" Quil asked. "Sure get in" I smiled and opened the drivers seat.

Embry got in next to me an Quil in the back. "I thought you guys were going to ride with Jake?" I broke the silence. "Na he's to depressed" Quil answered. I didn't say anything back.

We entered the school parking, I parked my car and got out. Everyone stared, they always did, if you hungout with Embry and Quil or any member of the pack.

People said all kinds of crazy stuff about them. Like they do steroids or they're in a gang. Someone said they sell drugs.

I walked to my locker, Embry and Quil behind me. "You guys can go now" I said as I grabbed my books and shut my locker. "No Nate Hardener is staring at you" Embry growled.

Such an overprotective best friend.

"I'll be fine! I know how to handle Nate, I've been handling him for two years already" I reassured him. He looked at Nate then back at me, he took a deep breath, "Fine" he muttered, "But if that idiot touches you I swear.."

"Embry I'll be fine" I threw him and Quil a smile and walked away.

I walked into my first class English. I stopped as I spotted him, sitting in our usual seat, in the middle. I decided to head to the bathroom before I could face him.

As I turned around I bumped into a chest. I stepped back and looked up. Lo and behold it was Nate. "Hey Harper, looking cute today" He winked. I rolled my eyes."Hey Nate, looking man slutty today" I gave him a fake smile.

"Ha Ha good one Harper" He half smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Right, now move" I tried to push past him. He blocked me "I don't think so beautiful, let's bond instead" He picked me up by my arms and carried me to a seat. "Hey put me down" I started shaking around and kicking. "Sit here next to me, pwease!" He pouted his lip.

The pout I'm oh too familair with.

I've known Nate since I was 5, same as Jake.

Nate and I were friends in middle school, he was always so sweet and funny. I admit besides my crush on Jake I had a small thing for him.

His blue eyes always use to hypnotize me and his shiny black hair was always perfect. I thought everything about him was perfect. Until he started dating.