Enchanted - Chapter 11

"Because you're beautiful" 

I pulled away in a fit of laughter as Nate kissed my cheek. He held me tight by the waist, pulling me closer. "I am not beautiful" I stated. 

He pulled away, a shocked expression crossed his face. "How dare you say that about yourself, you are the most beautiful girl this world has ever seen" I laughed at his expression. "That's what you say, I think I'm average looking" I said. Turning around.

I took off walking down the beach. 

I could feel his presence right behind me. I wasn't too surprised when he pulled me into a tight hug. "You're not just average, you're beautiful." He whispered in my ear. I felt myself slightly smile. "Right" I whispered back. 

I turned around, pressing my lips to his. 

He kissed back, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach.

"Harper"

We pulled away and turned around as my name was called.

Jake stood with his arms crossed, his eyes narrowed at Nate. I rolled my eyes. Ever since Jake and I patched things up, it's like Nate and him are in this competition. I feel like a 5 year old little girl being shared between her two divorced parents. 

They've pretty much put me on a schedule. In the mornings Nate drives me to school and I have lunch with him, Jake and he drives me home and we hang for a while. Then he leaves and Nate comes over. When he leaves Jake comes back until I fall asleep.

It's never ending. 

Oh and the weekends. 

Don't get me started. 

Currently I'm hanging with Nate, now here is Jake to whisk me away so we can hang out the rest of the day. 

I pulled out of Nate's arms and smiled at Jake. I turned around and kissed Nate's cheek. "See you tomorrow" I whispered in his ear. He kissed me back. 

I pulled away and smiled. "Bye" I waved, he smiled and turned and walked away. "Do you guys really have to kiss" I turned around to face Jake. "I don't know Jake, he's my boyfriend and I'm his girlfriend. Isn't that what couples do?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. 

I smiled, he laughed and threw his arm around my shoulder. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist. 

"So what shall we do today?" I asked him as we walked down the beach. "I don't know, how about we go for a walk" He suggested, I shrugged my shoulders. "Sounds fine" I smiled.

We walked in laughter and smiles into the forest. 

"Okay remember the time we baked a cake" He said, I laughed at the memory. We were eight years old, we got into a batter fight.

"Of course I remember" I smiled. He laughed. "Ya...Those were the good times" I smiled and nodded my head. "Yes they were" I muttered.

He smiled. 

_____

I yawned as I sat up in bed, I looked at the clock beside me, eight in the morning.

Ugh.

I stood up and walked into the bathroom, my hair was in knots all over. I sighed and turned on the sink , I splashed some water on my face.

I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing. 

I walked out and grabbed my phone from the end table. I answered, I smiled at the sound of Jacob's voice, but it faded away as he spoke. "Come over to my place" His voice wasn't warm and comforting like all the other times.