Enchanted - Chapter 9

"Hi Harper" 

I softly smiled as Nate stood in front of me, a small smile on his face. 

The memory of our kiss came flashing back into my head. 

His soft lips pressed against mine.

My world spinning.

Heart beating.

"I brought your bag"

His voice snapped me out of my daze.

"Thanks" I softly muttered, taking it from his hands dropping my bag on the floor. 

There stood a silence between us.

I stared at the ground, looking at my shoes. "Can we talk" He asked. I looked up, a hopeful look stood on his face. I nodded my head. 

I turned back around my dad's eyes were on the game but it was obvious he was listening in. "Dad I'll be back in a bit" I said. He turned to face me. "Be careful, and don't walk in the street" I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me.

I quietly walked next to Nate.

We walked in silence for what seemed like hours. But really it was like 10 minutes, we walked on the edge of the road.

"Harper, I'm sorry about yesterday"

We stopped walking.

"Don't worry about it" I softly said. "I wanted too" .

He looked back up and stared into my eyes. His blue eyes softly shining in the sun that peaked through the clouds. 

"Really?" He asked, the corners of his mouth lifting up into a small smile.

I didn't say anything back, we just stood there, starring at each other. 

Cars passing by.

Don't forget about Jacob.

Oh shut up! 

Don't you love him?

I took in a deep breath. Jake will never love me the way I love him. He loves Bella, not me. He will always love her.

You don't know that.

He probably imprinted on her anyway. 

It's my turn to fall in love. It's my turn to be happy.

"Where does this leave us?" 

Nate's soft voice snapped me out of my mental conversation. I smiled up at him. 

I think I knew where this left us.

Harper don't do it!!

I stepped closer towards Nate. I slowly rose on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. He took in a deep breath, placing his hands on my waist. "This is where it leaves us" I whispered and pressed my lips to his.

Our lips moving in sync, the world spinning.

Our bodies pressing closer.

It's my turn...

Jacob's P.O.V

I felt my heart being ripped out as I watched her step closer to him.

Why is she doing this?

"You let her go man" 

Embry's voice filled my head. 

"She loved you and you knew it, but your were so into Bella you never noticed it" 

I hanged my head down.