Enchanted - Chapter 20

He pulled his lips back to mine, causing me to slightly fall back. He caught me, holding his hand to my back. I could feel myself smiling into the kiss, he smiled back. 

He pushed, our chests now touching. 

Our lips were magnetic, not one of us capable to pull away. 

I finally managed to pull away before things got more serious. I touched my forehead to his. "Jake." I whispered, looking into his eyes, feeling my heart melt. 

"I love you Harper, I love you so much." He whispered back, kissing my forehead. I could feel my eyes sting from the pain of tears forming. Why was I crying? A tear now slid down my cheek, I pulled away, wiping the trail it left behind. 

"Harper." He whispered, his voice full of concern. "Yeah." I managed to say, wiping tears away. "Why are you crying?" 

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know." I laughed, wiping my face. He smiled, kissing my cheek. "I'm sorry for all the times I hurt you, all the pain I caused." He whispered. 

More tears ran down my face. All of this was so emotional. It's like all my feelings were bunched up and now they're flowing out like a broken dam.  "I love you Jacob." I smiled, pulling him into a hug. "I love you..."

I pulled away after a few seconds, clearing my face. "Promise me something." He said, I looked into his eyes. I nodded, "promise you'll never leave me." He whispered, I felt myself smiled. "I promise." I pressed my lips to his. His lips moved with mine.

I felt the insides of my stomach flutter with happiness. 

This is the day I've been waiting for, for years I've dreamed of this day. The day we could be together, the day it would all change.

_____

Sorry this is so short, but I just wanted to get this out there.