Chapter Thirteen

My eyes lazily opened as I started to squirm around in my bed, trying to find a comfortable position. I looked over at my alarm clock, only to see that I had a good four hours of sleep left. I sighed as I closed my eyes again, hoping for sleep to return to me.

Laying there for what seemed like an hour, but was probably only a minute, I found I couldn't fall back asleep. I turned around to face the wall and away from the light from my alarm clock. An uncomfortable feeling started in my stomach.

I decided to ignore it as I tried to get in a comfortable position to sleep. I tried to lay on my stomach, but found that the uncomfortable feeling grew. I turned around so I was laying on my back, and the feeling grew in my stomach again. I tried laying on each of my sides, but nothing worked.

I turned so once again I was on my back. With my eyes closed, I sighed, still wishing for sleep. And that's when it hit me.

The fire exploded in my stomach. I cried out, but silenced it immediately as to not wake my parents. My arms immediately cradled my stomach as I turned on my side to get into the fetal position. Waves and waves of fire crashed through my body.

Tears started forming in my eyes at the intensity. Soon enough, they were falling down my face as the fire racked through my body. I bunched up part of the sheet and bit on it to muffle the seemingly uncontrollable whimpers coming out of my mouth.

My breath started coming in pants as the fire roared louder and hotter. I cradled my stomach closer, willing it to stop. I struggled to keep quiet as the fire kept on coming.

Suddenly, it started dying down. I moved the bunched up sheet from my mouth. My breath was coming back to normal and I had a hysterical case of the hiccups. The wetness on my cheeks dried, leaving a light salty residue.

A soft half laugh, half sigh left my lips. My arms fell slack around my stomach. The tense fetal position I was in, fell slack along with my arms. I moved my head to see what time it was.

And that's when it hit again.

It hit with a bone crushing force. Never had it hit with this much intensity. It seemed to consume me in agonizing pain.

There was no time for tears. No time for whimpers. No time for anything other than fire.

My eyes were completely dry. The fire was too painful for tears. No sound came out of my mouth. It seemed to have stolen my voice.

I couldn't move, not even to get back into the tense fetal position. So I stayed in that slacked fetal position, unable to change it. I stayed frozen as the fire again racked through my body.

This time, however, it seemed to have a purpose. And it's purpose was to make me break. And it was succeeding.

Blacks spots started filling my vision. I found that it was becoming increasingly difficult to breathe. My eyelids were starting to become heavy. The sleep that I was looking for seemed to hit me full force.

I sighed as my eyelids slipped shut, while the fire still consumed me.

Blue. Red. Blue. Red. Those were the only two colors I could see against the blue sky. A wailing noise surrounded me as I felt my body being moved.

I noticed my parents walking next to me. My mom was crying, trying to say something to me, but I couldn't make it out.

On my other side, a guy looking down at me, also trying to say something. I had a feeling that what he was saying was important, but I couldn't pay attention.

The sleep that I wanted so much returned. I welcomed it whole heartedly. My eyelids slid shut once again.