7. Happy Birthday~

I saw a comic on tumblr (I'll put it at the end of the chapter) and it make me break down and cry so I just had to make a oneshot over it <3 A few minor manga spoilers, but I tried to keep it to the minimum.

3rd person POV

For Reigen's 29th birthday, his friends insisted on a party. Reigen had never really had a party before, so the preposition was kinda of shocker to him. So everyone settled on a small party at his house with some cake and tea.

Reigen sat at his computer desk before anyone had arrived, thinking of all the mess he had been through just a year before. He remembered sitting at the very desk he was at now, alone for yet another birthday as he sipped alcohol, hoping the pain would just go away. The things he had gained in just one year shocked him. People who he considered friends, and who considered him a friend back. Hell, he even managed to get a girlfriend in that one year. The thought brought a small smile to he face. He exited his room, leaving any sour memories behind, opting to eat cake instead.

He messily ate the cake, just staring at the door in anticipation, until suddenly the doorbell rang. Reigen burst up, running to the door in a hurry, almost losing his breath in the process. He opened the door to see Mob and his little brother.

"Happy Birthday master!" Mob said, bowing slightly in respect before entering. Ritsu just stared at the con man before him, who had his hands on his knees as he caught his breath.

"Are you seriously out of breath after just coming to the door?" Ritsu said with a cocked eyebrow as he entered, removing his shoes, "You really are out of shape."

"H-Hey!" Reigen said with an stutter, "Why are you even here? I thought you hated me?"

"Mom told to watch over brother to make sure he doesn't stay out to late," Ritsu exclaimed with a roll of his eyes, "I'll just sit over there," Ritsu pointed to a chair in the corner of the small main room of Reigen's apartment. Reigen grumbled, bringing him tea and a slice of cake to keep the boy from becoming anymore of a nuisance.

"Master? Did you already eat cake?" Mob said, staring at the cake on the table with a half eaten slice of cake on it.

"E-eh," Reigen said, wiping his face of crumbs, trying to hide what he did. Luckily, Reigen was saved by another knock on the door. Reigen sighed in relief, opening the door to see Teru.

"Happy Birthday Reigen-san!" The boy exclaimed with a smile. He walked in, removing his shoes before joining Mob to cut more cake. The boys bickered about some random topic, making Reigen wonder how he ended up with two kids as some of his only friends. With a sigh, he joined them back at the table and stated eating his cake again. A bit of time passed with random conversations and the enjoyment of cake.

"Hmm, I wonder what's taking Serizawa-san and L/N-san so long..." Mob muttered, mostly to himself rather then the others.

"Mhm! Are they going to come to?" Reigen said, while having a full mouth of cake. Reigen didn't really know who was gonna show up. He just mentioned there was cake and hoped that the thought of it would be enough for people to come.

"Uhh... yeah... we're preparing you a present that will help you...keep a more athletic body shape and now. Serizawa-san and L/N-san are going to-"

"WAIT! ARE YOU TELLING ME I'M FAT?" Reigen exclaimed, cutting Mob off.

"A little..." Mob muttered. Teru laughed, causing Reigen to grumble. The door bell rang again, at least saving Reigen from the pesky teenagers that we're all over his house.

"It better not be some kind of dumb bells or I'll think you're trying to insult me!" Reigen said, wiping his face off with a napkin. The thought of getting a present did lighten his mode slightly. He couldn't remember the last time someone actually gifted him on his birthday. He opened the door.