Chapter 3

Percy's point of view.

In the days following Silena's arrival we went and got everything we would need for her, because obviously we didn't have everything we would need for her since I never got an advance warning telling me, hey you have a daughter, you should probably get baby supplies. Mom seemed to be more than happy to have a grandchild. Paul also seemed to be pleased as well since he had accepted me even after mom and I told him the truth about me. He was one of several father figures I had along with my dad and Chiron. I figured I would be seeing my dad soon enough once he found out about Silena, I couldn't be sure how he would react considering that Silena's mother was a goddess. If she had been just some random girl I ran into at the bar it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, but since she was a goddess I wasn't sure how he would react. I found out his reaction though, a few weeks after her arrival.

One day I was walking in central park, I had Silena in her stroller, and we had stopped for a short break. There weren't very many people around when I saw my dad coming toward me. I stood up to meet him, but I made sure I kept a close eye on Silena as well.

Somehow he failed to notice the stroller, and said,  "So I hear I have a grandchild?"

Smiling slightly I nodded. As best I could tell from his expression he seemed to be pleased but confused. He asked, "When did that happen?"

Blushing slightly I told him the same things that I had told my mom and Paul, but unlike them he came to a conclusion that we hadn't thought of.

After my explanation he said, "Let me get this straight, a goddess took advantage of you while you were drunk?"

While he had a point I didn't feel like I had been taken advantage of, and since I couldn't remember what happened, for all I knew I might have been the one that started it.

Once I voiced those thoughts he calmed, and asked me "Where is she?"

 A smile appearing on my face once again, I  took Silena out of her stroller, and passed her to him. He took her, and I wondered if he was trying to guess who her mother was. If he had a guess he didn't voice it to me. He asked what her name was, and never bothered to comment on her first name. He knew well enough where it had come from he didn't have to ask.

Before all this,I knew I wanted to have kids eventually, and after the wars I had kind of planned on naming any kids that I might have after my fallen friends, but I would have never thought that my first, and probably only child would come from a one night stand with a goddess. To be honest I had thought about Making Silena's middle name Zoe, but I figured that since I didn't know who her mother was it would probably be safer to choose a different name. I figured that depending on who Silena's mother was they might not want their daughter to be named after a hunter despite the fact that Zoe had died a hero.

My dad was still holding Silena, he was smiling at her, but he looked at me once again and said, "She has the sea within her. It probably comes from you but I'm not certain."

He passed her back to me, and I returned her to her stroller. Dad and I spoke some more, but before long he left. As best I could tell he seemed pleased to have a grandchild, although I wasn't sure if he would be patient and wait to find out who her mother is, or if he would try and find out himself. We may not necessarily have to wait until she is claimed to learn who her mother is, as she grows up we may be able to guess it ourselves. It is pretty annoying that I can't remember anything from that night. I would have at least liked to know who Silena's mother was if nothing else.

My mom had been a big help since Silena arrived. Obviously at first I was pretty clueless about what to do, but my mom has helped me out a lot. She watches her when I'm at work, but when silena wakes up through the night I try to get to her, and get her quieted down before she wakes up my Mom and Paul. They don't complain when she does, but I can't help but feel bad about it.

Thankfully no one from camp has come looking for me, maybe Chiron somehow knew that I just wanted to be left alone. I couldn't bring myself to go to camp Jupiter either, that was because Annabeth and I had originally planned on going to university there. That's right, about a year before we planned on going Annabeth decided not to. She claimed that due to designs for new cabins, and the work she still had to do on Olympus she didn't have time to go to new Rome, which would just add more work.

It hurt me when she said that, but I stuck with her hoping that maybe after she got some of the work done she might change her mind, but instead a few years later she decided that she no longer had time for me either.

That's why her dumping me had hurt so much, any dreams I may have still had for us, were completely crushed. I had thought she was the person I would be with for the rest of my life, but it seems that I was meant to be alone.