Chapter 32

Percy's point of view

It was the last day of camp and we were preparing to leave, Silena was going back to school since she had decided to come home. Annabeth was also there in order to take Luke home. I knew that I would have to talk to Annabeth Since I would definitely want to visit Luke during the months that we're not at camp. I hoped Annabeth would see sense and accept that I wasn't going to take her back.

I knew that all the feelings I once had for her were gone and I hoped she would accept that and move on. I walked over to Annabeth and I started talking to her, silently hoping that she would use that supposedly so smart brain of hers and realize we were over long ago. Thankfully it seemed like she had considered our situation and realised that there was no point in continuing to nag me.

Not only that but it would be best for Luke if we were on decent terms rather than constantly arguing. I was pretty sure she had given up her crusade to win me back but I was still slightly hesitant to tell her where Silena and I lived. It was because I really didn't want to have her knocking on our door trying to convince me to take her back if she hadn't actually seen sense. Somewhat reluctantly I did tell her but I did it hoping I wasn't wrong about her.

I hadn't seen Ares since he found out about my relationship with Aphrodite, but I was still pretty sure that I would see him sooner or later. I figured that when he did show up he would probably be pissed since he seemed to want Aphrodite to himself even if he didn't really love her. I knew I would try and avoid a fight if I could, but if I had to I would face him.

It's not like I hadn't beat him before and that was when I was twelve. Sure I won that fight mostly because of Luck and Kronos but now after all the training I'd had, and everything I'd been through over the years I was pretty sure I could handle him. After we put all our stuff in the car Silena and I headed back to the city and I knew that Annabeth and Luke were doing the same.

For the next while after that, things seemed more or less back to normal. I went to work, as usual, Silena would stay with my mom and Paul and sometimes spend time with her friends from her school. One of the main differences was that Silena was now fully aware of what she was and could defend herself if the need arose since she now carried her sword and bow with her practically everywhere she went just in case a monster decided to show up and try to hurt her.

Obviously, the mist would conceal what her weapons really were from her mortal friends or classmates. Her bow was easier to conceal since it would transform into a bracelet thanks to Aphrodite. For most of the summer, the bow had been normal and it hadn't been until one day when Aphrodite visited Silena that she had decided to modify it for her as a gift.

At first, nothing really unusual happened, and days passed as we went through a similar routine practically every day. At least now I didn't have to be so concerned about concealing everything mythological from her since she obviously knows the truth. Once school started again we were more or less back to our old routine with a few changes.

One major change was that Aphrodite visited quite often to see both of us, so that changed things somewhat. Aphrodite and I would still go out on dates and spend time together, I was pretty sure that it didn't bother Silena, and it seemed like she was just happy that I was happy, and she seemed happy to see her mother more often.

Clearly, she had accepted Aphrodite and didn't hold a grudge against her for not being there when she was younger. That was good since it meant that she was also fine with my relationship with Aphrodite, and that made things easier.

Silena's point of view

A few weeks after I started back to school I had my first encounter with a monster outside of camp. Sure when I decided to return to school I knew I would probably encounter monsters but since my training had been going pretty well I felt like I should be able to defend myself against any monsters I would encounter. Since I had started back to school I made sure that I had my sword and bow with me just in case.