Chapter 11

Well my readers, let's see what you think of this chapter.

Percy's point of view

Silena's eleven now, Mom picks her up from school, and after I get off work I pick her up and take her home. While she's there, Paul usually  gets home and helps her with her homework before I take her home. I had just picked her up, and we were heading home when she asked me, "Dad, Why are you always so sad. I know that you try to hide it, but I can tell."

Styx I thought, I had been avoiding telling her about that partially because I don't really like talking about it, and I only ever talk about it to people who already knew about it. Even to them, I try to avoid the subject. I thought for a moment about what to tell her, and I decided she was old enough to know.

Hesitantly I told her almost everything about the break up with Annabeth and her mother. Leaving out the gods and camp. Finishing with, "The reason why I have always seem sad is because I never got over the girl who left me."

I avoided using Annabeth's name for the same reason I would usually dodge the subject, I didn't like talking about it.

Honestly, I told her because I felt she was old enough, and that she had a right to know how I had met her mother even if what I told her wasn't the complete truth. I would tell her the truth when I felt it was the right time, either that or when we run into a monster and I'm forced to.

I allowed her to get her ears pierced for her eleventh birthday, and at the moment she's wearing earrings that are shaped like dolphins. It's so hard to believe that she's eleven already, I know that next year I will have to tell her the truth about her mother and camp. Sooner or later monsters will find her whether I like it or not. I know that when that time comes I will do everything I can to protect her. Even when she is trained I will still do everything I can to protect her. She is my daughter and the most important person in my life I wouldn't let anything happen to her.

After my explanation She said to me matter of factly, "Dad that girl wasn't the right person for you, you will get over her, and find someone else. I'm sure the right person is out there somewhere waiting for you. You'll just have to find them."

I knew she was trying to cheer me up, but I couldn't really bring myself to believe what she had said, I'd always thought that Annabeth was the only person for me, and I couldn't bring myself to let go of that idea. Besides what Silena said was probably just some childish idea she had left over from all the Disney movies she's watched before.

She's never had to go through what I have, and I never want her to. The idea of her going through what I have almost made me want to track down Artemis and make Silena join the hunters, but I don't want to force her into anything, and I know she would never agree.

The idea of love, and finding the right person fascinates her. I'm sure she would never agree to join an immortal group of boy haters. For the rest of the drive home we sat in silence, and the subject never came up again that night, but I was sure that Silena would probably continue trying to help me. I also doubted that she would be able to help me any more than anyone else had.

Silena's Point of View

I was sitting eating my lunch when I saw one of the older students head over to one of the girls in the same grade as me. I wasn't friends with the girl, but I knew she was a total bookworm. In fact, at that moment she had a book open in front of her face. The older boy stalked over to her and pulled the book out of her hands.

"Hey!" she said annoyed.

The boy asked, "Why do you always have one of these stuck in front of your face? They're just boring. No wonder you don't have any friends."

Despite the fact that the boy that was taunting the girl was older and bigger than me I started to rise from my seat.

What made me interfere was when the boy chucked the book in a nearby garbage can and said, "There I did you a favour, now you might actually make some friends without one of those stuck in your face."

After that, he started to walk away. I walked over to him, I know real smart, I figured that the best case scenario would be that he just threatens me without actually hurting me right then. The smarter thing to do would have been to let him walk away and get the girl's book back myself. But I felt that he should apologize and give her book back himself.

I walked toward the guy a slight bit of fear within me. when I reached him he said, "What do you want!"

Determined I replied, "I want you to give her book back and apologize."

I expected him to laugh or punch me or say something like why should I, but something really weird happened. A strange look came over his face, and he nodded and did what I asked. I stared at him for a moment totally confused before heading back to my seat. As the day continued that incident continued to pop into my head every so often and I would wonder what the heck had happened.

As the day was coming to an end I ran into the guy again, but this time what he did was a bit more normal. He said in a threatening tone, "You watch yourself, girl, I don't know what came over me today, but it won't happen again."

He walked away leaving me wondering what he might do. I still didn't have a clue what had happened at lunchtime, why he had listened to me, but whatever happened, at least he'd apologized to her. When the school day was over my grandma came to pick me up, as we were driving back to her and Grandpa Paul's apartment she asked me, "Silena did anything interesting happen at school today?"

I debated about telling her about the incident at lunch time. I was still totally confused about it, maybe she would know why he had listened to me and later threatened me. I thought about it for a bit longer and then finally decided to tell her. As I explained what had happened I saw an expression that looked like surprised understanding appear on her face. As soon as I saw that I was sure she knew or at least had guessed why that boy had listened to me.

I said to her, "You know why he listened to me don't you?"

She replied, "No he must have just realized that what you told him to do was the right thing to do."

I was sure she was lying, but I wasn't sure how to get her to tell me the truth.