Chapter 25

Percy's point of view

After work the next day I decided to go visit my mom and Paul. If nothing else mom deserved to know about Luke, and she would probably be wondering how my time at camp went. I know that she's been worried about me ever since Annabeth left me. Silena was a distraction from the rather dark thoughts I would have had otherwise. After everything I'd gone through my mom had always been there.

There was really only one thing that had happened to me that she didn't know about, I had never told her the details of what had happened to me in Tartarus. I just didn't know if she would be able to handle knowing what had happened down there. Now though I was sure that she would want to know what had happened at camp, after all when I went I was mainly going for Silena's sake, sure I'd wanted to see my friends again, but I'd also been worried about camp bringing up memories that I didn't want to be reminded of.

I walked into my mom and Paul's apartment and found my mom in the kitchen, she had obviously been baking cookies, it's almost like she knew I was coming, I thought in amusement.

After she placed the still hot cookies on a cooling rack we sat down at the table to talk.

"How was camp?" she asked me, getting straight to the point.

"Not too bad actually," I admitted since my time there had gone pretty well in the end. Continuing I said, I got to catch up with Chiron and some of my old friends. The first few days Annabeth wasn't there and I hoped it would stay that way but the gods decided that a city would be built in camp half blood and Annabeth is the one designing it. I think that Even before she got there I had already started to finally move on so when she did show up I told her that she wasn't getting another chance."

I continued explaining until I eventually said, "Apparently Annabeth had been keeping a huge secret from me for years now. Back when she decided to leave me she was pregnant, she just hadn't found out yet. She never even tried to contact me in order to tell me that we had a son."

My mom wasn't completely shocked by that news since it takes a lot to surprise her nowadays, I think the only thing that would surprise her would be if the gods stopped the monsters from attacking demigods. I told her about Luke and how I had gone to meet him since I had wanted to meet him the moment I found out about him, he is my son after all and we should have met a lot sooner than we did.

Anyway, I gave her a general idea of what had happened at camp during the time I was there. For now, though I left out the part about me moving on completely from Annabeth, and that I was now dating Aphrodite. I just told her that our suspicions about silena's parentage were right and that she seemed to be enjoying camp so far.

Due to the fact that I had always been rather important at camp she had ended up getting a lot of attention there since she is my daughter, it seemed that she would be good with a sword and that unlike me she would be pretty good at archery as well. She was also learning about her charmspeak so hopefully, she wouldn't try it on us in order to get what she wants. On our first day at camp we'd discovered that she could hear the pegasi, but other than that I'm not sure what abilities she inherited from me.

After I finished talking to my mom I talked to Paul for a bit and told him many of the same things I'd just told my mom. Mom asked me to stay for dinner and I agreed. Mom cooked chicken and as we ate we continued to talk. My mom and Paul are two of the most important people in my life, Obviously Silena and now Luke are probably the most important, and now Aphrodite has become part of that list as well since it has become clear to me just how much I care for her.

I don't really care for Annabeth but I tolerate her for Luke's sake. also for Luke's sake, I don't really want her to get hurt since it would be incredibly hard on Luke if she died especially since she was the only parent he had up until a few days ago. After dinner, I headed home and watched tv for a while. I'm not sure what's in store for us but hopefully, it will stay peaceful I don't want either of my children to have to go through everything I went through.

Sally's point of view

Ever since Percy and Silena left for Camp Half Blood I couldn't help but wonder how they were doing, I figured that Silena was probably enjoying herself but I wasn't so sure about Percy I knew that going back would bring up memories of his previous summers at camp which obviously included Annabeth, and if she was still there I wasn't sure what Percy would do. I hoped Percy would finally move on but obviously, I couldn't really know what would happen.

The day after Percy returned from camp he came to visit, and let us know that his time at camp had actually gone quite well. He said that he was finally moving on and he had been able to get caught up with the friends that he hadn't seen since he left camp, he also told me that Poseidon had told him that he had a half-brother at camp and that he had met him. It was good to know that he was finally moving on and that he seemed happier than he had been in quite a long time.

I wasn't all that shocked when Percy told me that he had a son with Annabeth, I had gotten used to shocking things happening so honestly, I was mainly just excited about having another grandchild, and I was curious about Luke after all I hadn't really expected to get another grandchild, sure I'd hoped that he would eventually move on and find someone else but I figured that if Percy ever did have other children it probably wouldn't happen for quite a long time.

Percy told me that we had been right when we'd guessed that Silena's mother was Aphrodite and that she seemed to be enjoying camp so far he also said that she was doing rather well in her training. As Percy explained everything that had happened at camp I got the feeling that he wasn't telling me everything. He seemed a lot happier than he had been in a long time, almost back to his old self, I got the feeling that talking to his friends, meeting his half brother, and learning he had a son weren't quite enough to help him move on this much, sure they probably helped, but I was pretty sure that there was something he hadn't told me. Even if he had kept something from me I figured that he would tell me sooner or later, I was just happy that he was starting to move on and was almost back to his old self. After we talked for a little while I invited him to stay for dinner, as we ate we continued to talk but this time it was about less important things.