Chapter 13

Percy's point of view

At the moment I'm sitting in a chair in my living room, my head is in my hands as I think long and hard about what I should do. Silena turned twelve three months ago, and I know that sooner or later a monster will find her. I lift my face from my hands but I'm still looking downward as I contemplate what I should do.

If a monster finds her when I'm not there to protect her, like when she's at school, she could be seriously hurt. I'm lucky they haven't found her already since she's a tri-blood, not just a legacy of Poseidon. I run a hand through my hair as I consider this. I sigh as I finally make my decision. She finishes the school year this week, so I will tell her the truth about myself, her mother, and my dad on Saturday, and take her to camp.

I can't help but wonder how she'll take the news, as far as I know she doesn't know that much about the gods, I think one of her classes touched on the subject once, but I don't think they went too deeply into the "Myths."

I didn't teach her more on the subject because I didn't want to risk her finding out the truth too early. I knew I had to tell her, I couldn't risk her getting hurt because she was still unaware of her heritage. Well, that and the fact that due to the oath I made the gods swear after the second titan war she would have to be at camp by the time she is thirteen.

Returning to camp won't be easy for me, but I will do it, partially for Silena, and Partially because I kind of want to see my old friends. I'm kind of still nervous about the idea, but I'm mostly nervous about running into Annabeth, not about camp itself.

That week seemed to fly by, and before long it was Saturday morning. When I felt it was the right time I sat down across from Silena, she was sitting at the kitchen table, drawing. Just going for it I said, "Silena, there was something I never told you about me, your grandfather, and your mother."

Those words quickly gain her attention, and she is immediately curious.

I say, "You know about the greek gods," I say it as more a statement than a question since I know that she does know some of the "myths."

She nods saying, "You mean like, Poseidon, Apollo, Aphrodite."

I nod half-expecting one of them to pop into the room, although she picked some of the most pleasant ones. One of the only real downsides to that group would be Apollo's haikus.

"Yes like them." I agree not yet giving away the fact that said gods were real.

"What about them?" she asks confused about how they would have anything to do with our family.

I reply, "I know this will be hard to believe at first, but they are real. They still have kids with mortals who are called demigods, or half-bloods."

"What does that have to do with our family? And how can they be real? They're from thousands of years ago." Silena asks in confusion.

I replied, "Silena, People may not worship them as we once did, but we still remember them, due to the fact that that we still think of them they are able to live on. As long as their domains remain intact they will live on. The reason why you needed to know this is because I'm a demigod, Your grandfather is actually Poseidon, Greek god of the seas, and your mother is a goddess, although I'm not completely sure which one. that makes you a tri-blood since you are the granddaughter of Poseidon through me, and the daughter of a goddess."

I sighed when I could clearly see that she still didn't believe me. I stood from my seat and poured a glass of water. I wasn't actually thirsty, I was just going to prove my point. If she didn't believe me after this I wasn't sure what I would have to do to convince her.

This would be my first time using my powers in front of her, and I honestly wasn't sure how she'd react to it. I've always done everything I could to avoid her possibly figuring out who she really was. Including  not using my powers. I sat back down at the table and set the glass in front of me. I said, "Silena, Your mother, and grandfather are gods. That's why your grandfather doesn't visit that often, and why your mother couldn't raise you."

Confusion and disbelief were written on her face, but when I made the water rise from my glass surprise was the expression on her face. I let the water fall back into the glass, and after she accepted the new information she asked the question that I was kind of expecting  to hear. She asked, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

I replied, "Silena, I kept it from you because the gods and demigods aren't the only things that still exist. The monsters are real as well, you may have seen them before since they have come after me since before you were born."

I basically told her everything, about how monsters hunt us, and how the mist prevents mortals from seeing things as they really are. I also admitted that over the years the mist had probably also affected her since she hadn't realized that Tyson only has one eye.

After I told her that I told her about camp and how she would find out who her mother was there. after telling her all that I let her absorb it all. We eventually decided that I would take her to camp the next day. Part of me looked forward to going back, the other part was still uneasy about it.

I hoped we wouldn't run into Annabeth, but obviously, there is a chance she might still be there even after all these years. I was looking forward to seeing Chiron and my old friends again, and it would be nice to finally know for sure who Silena's mother was.

I couldn't help but wonder how my dad will react to that information when he hears it I doubt it'll make much difference since he probably wouldn't have a granddaughter at the moment otherwise. No matter what happens when we get to camp I know that we pretty much have to go Silena has to go to be safe and be claimed, and I do want to see my old friends again.