Chapter 34

Silena's point of view.

It was the weekend when my grandmother received a rather shocking and worrying phone call. I was visiting with her so I heard her side of the conversation and saw as her expression quickly went from calm to confused to worried. My grandmother told me that when  dad had gone to pick up a few things he had noticed a man trying to kidnap a kid while the girl's mom was distracted, putting the stuff they'd obviously just gotten in her car.

Being the brave and rather reckless person that dad is he'd tried to stop the guy.  That wouldn't have been so bad if the guy hadn't been armed with a gun. He'd shot dad, and although the doctors said he would recover we were still worried. After we found out about that we were going to go see him since he'd made it to the hospital but we both realized that we should probably tell Luke about what had happened since he is my brother afterall, even though we are technically only half siblings.

After we contacted him I knew he was worried just like we were but he was also relieved when we told him that the doctors said he would recover from it. Just when we were about to leave to go see him I ralized that if he got nectar and ambrosia he would probably heal faster than he would otherwise. After that I took some  with me and we headed to go see him. While the doctors weren't in the room I gave him  the Nectar and Ambrosia I had brought with me.

I hadn't been sure if he'd had any with him when he left that morning. It's not that often that I hear my grandmother scolding my dad for something  but that day I definitely heard it since she was anoyed with him for "nearly getting himself killed,"

She knew he'd been in numorous other life or death situations, but most of those had been basically unavoidable so that's why this situation upset her. Sure she didn't want the kid to get kidnapped by some creep but in her mind dad had basically charged in blindly without considering the possible risks that came with doing so.

I guessed based on how close they were that my dad would probably end up having a similar conversation with my mother. I could tell how close they were and I was certain that my mom wouldn't be happy with him for this. I knew that he thought it was best for him to step in because he doubted cops could get there before the guy got away with the girl but he could have at least called them.

The  girl's mother did call them once she realized what was going on but by the time they got there the creep had run away, but thankfully he had done so without the girl. Dad figured the guy would probagly get caught though since he would be able to recognize him. Ironically the cops that came were ones that dad knew even though they didn't work the same shifts.

Dad recovered quickly, unsurprisingly for us, the doctors were rather surprised by it though, we knew it was mostly due to the nectar and ambrosia although water probably also helped.  After he came back home things pretty much went back to normal, The creep that dad was trying to stop was eventually caught  so at least dad didn't go through all that for nothing.

After that we kind of tried to put the whole thing behind us so things would hopefully go back to normal. Obviously our lives can never be completely normal since even when things are mostly normal we still get attacked by monsters every now and then. If nothing else, dad getting hurt reminded me that not all monsters are from greek mytholohy. There are people out there that are just as bad as monsters and you never know when you're going to encounter one of them.

I didn't want to think about what that creep might have done to that girl if had actually gotten away with her but thankfully dadd had stopped him before he could. A little while after that things did go more or less back to normal, or our version of normal anyway. Obviously we did encounter monsters every so often and we kept in contact with our friends from camp via Iris Messaging but other than that not much happened.