Chapter 12

Sally's point of view

After I picked up Silena from school I asked how her school day went. When she told about what happened at lunch time I was slightly surprised, but I had a pretty good idea what had happened. I knew that Percy suspected that Silena's mother was Aphrodite, and if my guess is right about what Silena did to the bully at lunch time it pretty much confirms those suspicions. I'd met Percy's friend Piper Mclean, and I knew that as a daughter of Aphrodite she had the ability to charmspeak.

I suspected that's what Silena had unintentionally done to the boy to get him to do the right thing. I would have to tell Percy about it if Silena didn't because he definitely needs to know. I knew that if Silena told him herself Percy would probably come to the same conclusion I did. I guessed that he would be only slightly surprised, due to the fact that he already suspected that her mother was Aphrodite even though he still couldn't remember what had happened that night. I also knew that next year Percy would have to tell Silena the truth and take her to Camp Half-Blood. I wasn't sure if Percy would be ready to return to camp by then but I knew he would do it for Silena's sake.

Shortly after Silena and I arrived at the apartment Paul came home. He sat down with Silena and helped her with her homework. This wasn't really an easy task for either of them due to Silena's ADHD and dyslexia, although hers wasn't as bad as Percy's. After they finished that, silena started drawing in a notebook that she always carries with her ,to be honest, she had gotten quite good at it.

When Percy got there I decided I would tell him about what Silena had told me. we went into the living room where Silena wouldn't hear us. I said, "Percy there's something you need to know."

"What?" Percy asked me.

I told him what Silena had told me in the car. When I had finished Percy said, "Charmspeak," coming to the same conclusion I had.

I replied, "That's what I thought, although we can't be sure until she is claimed."

Percy nodded in agreement.

After we finished the conversation Percy walked into the kitchen and said, "Silena, time to go home."

She quickly stood, packed up her things and left with Percy.

Percy's Point of view

When my mom told me about what Silena had done at school I was almost sure Silena had charmspoken that boy even though she hadn't intended to. Obviously, I couldn't be one hundred percent sure until Silena was claimed but it sounded like the most logical explanation for what had happened. I knew how Piper had unintentionally charmspoken people into giving her things before she got to camp, and I guessed that Silena had charmspoken that bully.

Even though Silena had done the right thing by interfering I didn't want her to get hurt. I knew I had to tell her to at least be careful, what happened would be a blow to his pride, and he would probably try to hurt Silena for payback. I knew that no matter if I told silena to not interfere with that kid she probably wouldn't listen, I also knew that if that kid even tries to hurt her and I find out about it I would make sure the school deals with it appropriately.

I contemplated what to say to Silena on the subject as I drove. Eventually, I said, "Silena, your grandmother told me what happened at school today. I believe it would be best for you to avoid that boy for a while. Based on what he said to you it's pretty clear that he isn't happy about what happened and might come after you.

If he does anything to you tell someone. You could tell me, your grandparents or one of your teachers, but make sure you tell someone so we can make sure it doesn't happen again."

Silena spoke up saying, "But what if I see him hurting her again, or someone else, I can't just ignore it."

After she said that, I sighed and thought to myself, she's so much like me. Years ago when I was in school I would have said the same thing if someone had said that to me.

I replied, "Tell one of your teachers, it is part of their job to stop such things, and they will make sure it is dealt with properly."

Silena seemed to reluctantly agree since she didn't argue further. That doesn't necessarily mean that she will do what I said if she sees the kid hurting someone else, or for that matter if he tries to hurt her. Hopefully, I won't hear tomorrow that she got hurt by the bully, because if I do I will be quite annoyed.

People say that bullies are usually people who have tough lives at home, but just because their life sucks doesn't mean that gives them the right to take that out on others. I know what it's life to have a hard life but I'm not taking that out on the people around me. I've resigned myself to the fact that life is never easy, and you just have to keep going no matter what it throws at you.

I fell into literal hell, but I'm still here fighting off the pain I've gone through in my life. I would never even consider ending my life early, even if I didn't have Silena to think about I don't think I would ever do it. I know that if I ever do that it would break my mother's heart. I knew it would do much the same for Paul and my Dad. I know they both care for me a lot and it would cause them a great deal of pain as well.

I knew it would also upset basically everyone at both camps once they found out since I had friends at both of them. If I didn't have Silena I might have considered it, but because of all the people I just mentioned I doubt I would have ever gone through with it. I would never even consider it now since I have Silena. Honestly, even though it hasn't been easy raising her she has made life a bit easier for me, having her took my mind of less pleasant things, and without even trying she can bring a smile to my usually emotionless face.

I know it will be even harder when I have to take Silena to camp, especially if Annabeth is still there, but I will have to take her, I could just drop her off and let her go in on her own but I might as well go back, I have missed many of my old friends, and it would be nice to see them again. I'm also guessing that even if the gods told them that I am perfectly fine they probably still worry about me since I'm living in the mortal world, and that's where the monsters are. I've run into different monsters over the years, usually, it's hellhounds and dracnae, but I have run into empousai, laistrygonian giants, and other monsters that I had faced before.

I even ran into beef head once, seriously will that idiot ever realize that he can't beat me. I'm not bragging since basically, the only tactic he uses is charging it means that I can easily trick him when I avoid his charge. I only hope that when I take silena to camp she won't end up involved in some prophecy, or even worse a war. I never want Silena to end up like me, miserable over the difficult things that have happened in her life unfortunately though I don't really have much control over that though thanks to the gods damned fates.

A/N hello my readers, I'm the next chapter will be the one you've all been waiting for for a while now. In the next chapter, Silena will be twelve, and Percy will tell her the whole truth about her mother and take her to camp.