Chapter 40

A/N I probably would have got this up yesterday except I went to the annual country music festival that we have where I live, I saw Luke Bryan. Anyway I know it's been a little while since I updated so I hope you enjoy this, be prepared to be surprised.

Luke's point of view

It had been several months since my parents found out what had been bothering me, I was pretty sure they suspected the truth about me, but I wasn't ready to confirm it yet. There was one person I'd told not too long ago though and that person was Silena. We'd gotten pretty close since we first met when we were twelve and although I hadn't been planning on telling her yet she'd basically cornered me and told me a secret of her own that showed she could kind of relate to what I was feeling even if it was only a little.

I'd tried to avoid the subject but she'd started talking and hadn't given me much choice but to listen and reply when it became necessary. After I'd given in and decided to listen to what she had to say she said, "Luke I know I can't relate to what you've gone through, and I'm sure what the bullies said has left you thinking that there's something wrong with you, but there isn't."

Even then I still hadn't gotten everything the bullies had said out of my head and I started to protest. I said, "No, my mom, Dad, You, you're all normal, I'm a freak,"

That was just one of the many words the bullies had used to describe me. Their words had wormed their way so deeply into my mind that I didn't think I could ever get them out. She said, well if you're a freak I guess I am too because despite what you think I'm not entirely normal either,"

I was confused now, she obviously couldn't be a lesbian since she had a boyfriend and as far as I knew she seemed to be happy with him. After that thought went through my mind though I realized what she might mean. Uncertain about if I was right I asked her, "Are you bisexual?"

When I asked that question I noticed she was fiddling with her hair and I remembered that was something she usually does when she's nervous. Her only response to my question was a nod confirming that I was right. I was stunned. I'd never had any idea that she was bisexual, I'd never noticed her checking out girls or anything like that but then again I never wanted it to be obvious when I was eyeing other guys either.

That was when another question occurred to me, I asked, "Am I the first person you've told?"

This time she replied with words answering, "No, I told my mom first, she helped me come to terms with it. Since then I've told Ezra, and I'm planning on telling dad soon. Maybe I should have told dad sooner but I couldn't bring myself to do it and I only told Ezra a couple days ago,"

My own problems partially forgotten for the moment I asked, "How did he react?"

She replied, "He was shocked but he's okay with it, after all, it doesn't change how I feel about him and it doesn't seem to have changed his mind about me. It basically just means that if for some reason my relationship with him doesn't work out I have a few more options available," she chuckled halfheartedly as she finished that statement, but then she must have reconsidered it since she said, "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with him and we've been together for seven months now, I don't want us to break up...

Chuckling slightly myself now I interrupted her attempt to fix what she'd said and replied, "Yeah I get it Sis,"

Unfortunately though, my slight amusement faded quickly as she refocused the conversation on me.

She said, "Luke I know it might be hard for you to believe it right now but there's nothing wrong with being gay, and since you made it obvious to me earlier I know for sure that you are. I'm pretty sure Dad won't care that you're a little different, and I'm guessing your mom will have the same opinion. I realize that you're not going to reverse what has been done to you in five seconds but just try and realise that those bullies were just doing what all bullies do, taking their own pain out on someone else,"