Chapter 25- Pretty Pumpkins

Hey love bugs, how was the last chapter? Did you guys gasp at the last scene of the book?

Thank you @jiminwifie for the lovely trailer, I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeee it <3 I never thought someone would create a trailer for me.

What do you guys think of Desi?

Anyway enjoy..

Anastasia's POV

I felt as if my lungs had collapsed inside of me. Had they just been too shocked by the strange question? Because I was chocking on the air or was it my saliva? Yuck. I could almost feel my face had drained its natural colour.

Oh my gosh! What if there was invisible vampires on this balcony? Maybe they drained me.

Surprisingly it was Dimitriv who had retrieved a glass of water and gently patted my back. My hands unclenched themselves self to hold the glass. I didn't waste time as I jugged the water down slowly, trying to soothe my throat which burnt a bit.

I'm way too dramatic.

Yes you are.

I dropped my tense shoulders and stared at the black velvet carpet. I palmed both my cheeks trying to cool them down. I've been embarrassed too many times tonight. Goodness.

"Annie." Desi's thick accent was alluring, especially when he said my name. I heard finger tappings on the table in front of me.

I honestly disliked when people do that, it could damage the property with finger indents.

"Annie." Again his voice was heard this time it was slightly harder.

"Y-Yes." I said meekly and lifted my head but kept my eyes low.

"Alright, now lets try this again. How long have you and Nikolai been lovers?"

It was the second time that I had heard the outrageous question, and I still couldn't keep my mouth from dropping.

"W-What? I-I mean we're not t-together." I managed to stammer out. I finally looked into his stormy eyes. His eyes shone with curiosity. They swept over my profile remarkably slow.

"Hmm? Interesting. So you have never been involved with Nikolai?" He bit his lip making them turn a more vibrant colour.

Mr Grumpy scoffs from beside me and pours him another glass of his poison. He's always being scary. He really needs to smile more.

"Um define involving." I mutter as I nervously glanced back at Desi. Desi rubbed his hand over his chin which revealed a shiny rolex watch. It probably costs more than my life.

I've always wanted a rolex watch actually. They looked so cool and fancy.

He raised his brow at me. "Have you been to his house?"

"Well see I got an email a few months ago stating that I should take some photos of this charity event thingy. By the way the charity thingy was last week. Anyway so on the day I got home and saw a beautiful dress and necklace on my bed for me. I obviously wore the pretty thing. Oh my gosh, it was actually so pretty by the way. Then I went to the event and there was this lady Sharron, who looked really quiet and nice, but oh my goodness lama bells she was scary as. Anyway she was the host, and just when I was eating my steak I saw a hand on her wrist. Guess who it was? Nikolai. Oh my gosh. Anyway fast forwarding, I was in a room with Jasper and then this guy game and took me to Nikolai. The room was really boring but there was this pretty green flower. So cute. Anyway he just started talking to me about how I should see him again, and he bought the dress and necklace. Can you believe it?"