Chapter Two

Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter Two

Awaking with a jolt Taylor looked around. It was dark and he was in that motel he had been staying in for the past several months. He was sweating all over. He blamed the sweat on the hot Georgia night that was at hand. He had the same damned dream again. The one he had been having for months now. It wouldn't go away no matter how hard he tried. In the dream he had been making love to Liz. He had been with her again and for him that had been enough. It had been all he needed.

Rolling over he made a face as he looked at the brunette who was sleeping away beside him. His wife Natalie. He had married her two months ago and now he wasn't even sure why he had married her. She was nothing like she had seemed to be before they got married. Before they got married she seemed like an innocent and sweet southern belle. A lot like Liz was. But now that they were married he had found out just how devious and controlling she could be. He couldn't get away from her for a second to breathe. She always had to be right up his ass.

Slowly getting out of the motel bed Taylor got dressed as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake Natalie up. He had to leave without her. He knew that much. Once he was dressed he sat down at a table and grabbed a piece of paper and pen. Once he had both he wrote her a short note.

After writing the note he headed outside and to the jeep he had bought last year. Getting in and starting the car he opened the glove compartment and got the picture of Liz he kept in there out. He had to hide it in there after Natalie had tried to burn it once. He had luckily gotten it away from her in time.

Turning out of the motel parking lot Taylor frowned as he drove. He remembered leaving Oklahoma two years ago. He regretted leaving. More importantly he regretted leaving Liz behind. But at the time when he left he wanted nothing to do with his old life and that meant nothing to do with Liz either. He had done what he did best. He had left.

Getting on the interstate he knew it would be a few hours before he was with her again but god he hoped time flew. As he drove he put the picture up on his visor so he could see it. After he had left she had convinced his mother to give her his new address. She occasionally wrote to him though he never wrote her back. She had stopped writing a year ago. In the letters she wrote about her miscarriage and what she hoped their baby would have looked like. This miscarriage had been hard on her. He knew that much.

Feeling a tear go down his cheek as he thought of her miscarriage Taylor felt his heart break. That had been the main reason he left. He felt responsible and he blamed himself for it. At the time they had been arguing. When she told him she thought she was having a miscarriage he had accused her of lying. She had done that a few times just to avoid arguments. Lie about something. When he had realized she wasn't lying though he took her to the hospital but it had been too late. Their child was gone.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Smiling as she smelt coffee brewing Liz slipped out of bed and reached for her blue silk robe. Once her robe was on she went downstairs where she found Zac in the kitchen. He was still in his boxers and his hair was a mess, "How long have you been up?" she asked seeing the sun hitting his back slightly. He looked beautiful standing there in her kitchen half-dressed and with the sun hitting him like that. He was almost like a fine chiseled god.

"Not long," Zac shrugged as he sipped coffee from the mug in his hands. It was brown from all of the creamer he had put in it. "Do you want a cup?" he asked raising his eyebrow. His brown eyes were shining as he looked her over. She was wearing his favorite robe. His mother had bought it for her the first Christmas she had spent with his family in 2001. Even then he had been infatuated with her. Even then it had been obvious just how infatuated with Taylor she was.