Chapter Seven

Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter Seven

Awaking the next morning Zac smiled. He was happy. The happiest he had ever been in a long time. Liz was his fiancee. She ha agreed to marry him. She had agreed to spend her life with him and to top it off they had made the best love. Her eyes hadn't even been closed during it.

Slowly he sat up in the bed and watched Liz sleep. She looked so peaceful especially with the sun coming through and hitting her through the window like it did.

Feeling someone watching her Liz woke up and opened her eyes slowly. Seeing Zac she smiled, "Hey," she said sleep still apparent in her voice.

"Morning beautiful," Zac said as he leaned down and pecked her on the lips. She looked the best when she first woke up even though half the time she never thought so herself.

Smiling more Liz pecked his lips back, "Morning handsome," she muttered as she sat up some as well. She was still feeling guilty for cheating on him but she would do everything in her power to make sure he never found out. She would even cut all ties with Taylor if she had too.

"How did you sleep?" Zac asked as he looked at her once she sat up some as well. He had slept good having her beside him. He always did.

"I slept wonderful," Liz nodded as she watched him. It was true. She had slept the best she had in awhile. She wasn't even sure why but she had.

Hearing her Zac nodded and made a face as he heard a knock on the door. Wondering who it could be he rolled his eyes, "I will go get the door," he said as he slipped out of the bed and put his boxers on. Slowly he left the bedroom. Truth was he didn't want to answer the door. He would have much rather spent all day in bed with Liz.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Looking down at the porch as he waited on an answer Taylor sighed. He hadn't got a call yet from Liz and he was worried. What if Zac had taken her news hard? What if Zac had done something to her? He would kill Zac if he had hurt Liz in some way or another. He would literally kill him and he meant that with every fiber in his being. Hearing the door open he looked up as he came face to face with Zac.

"What do you want?" Zac asked when he saw the person who had been knocking had been Taylor. Taylor sure did know when to crash Zac's happiness. It was almost as if Taylor had a radar telling him when Zac was happy and that it was time for him to make sure Zac would never be happy.

Taylor eyed Zac after he asked him what he wanted. Zac didn't seem too upset so maybe he had just been irrational in his thinking. Maybe Liz just hadn't called him because she had been too preoccupied, "I came to see Liz," he said knowing she was still here at least. Her car was parked in the driveway.

Glaring at Taylor's response Zac shook his head. He should have known that was why Taylor came here, "My fiancée is still in our bed," he said his words coming out harsh. He had intended for them to come out that way. He was trying to let Taylor know that Liz was his now no matter how it played out. She had chosen to be his wife one day in the future.

Raising an eyebrow at Zac's words, Taylor was confused, "Your fiance?" he asked as he shook his head. When he saw Liz yesterday she had no ring on her finger. "When exactly did you propose to her?" he asked as he reached out and pushed past Zac going inside. Zac had to be lying. Liz wasn't his fiance.

"Hey," Zac spat when Taylor pushed past him and came inside. "And I proposed last night," he said answering Taylor's question. "Why do you care? She isn't yours anymore to care about," he said as he glared more. His anger was getting the best of him and he knew if Taylor said or did just the right thing he would punch him. He would punch him hard.

Shaking his head Taylor felt like he had been kicked in the gut. Zac had asked Liz to marry him last night and she had said yes. She was supposed to have broken things off with him.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Liz raised an eyebrow when Zac didn't come back. Getting out of bed herself she slipped her blue silk robe on and soon walked down the stairs. Getting down stairs she paused when she saw Taylor standing in the living room. The lock on his face made her frown. He looked as if he had lost his last reason to live and in her heart she knew Zac had told him of their engagement.

Hearing footsteps Taylor turned and saw Liz, "You lied to me," he said as he walked over to her not even caring that Zac was standing right there. "After we made love yesterday you said you would end things with him," he spat as he got close to her and looked her in the eyes. "How could you?"

Zac who saw Taylor's reaction to Liz watched with confusion then as he heard the rest of Taylor's words his confusion soon turned to heartbreak as Taylor revealed Liz's betrayal, "You slept with him yesterday?" he asked as his voice broke some. He was no longer angry. No he was pissed and hurt. Liz had slept with Taylor and now it all made sense as to why she didn't even close her eyes last night with him. She didn't have to think of Taylor when she had, had him earlier.

Liz looked down as Taylor ousted her betrayal. Closing her eyes at his words she didn't know what to say to him or to Zac. Swallowing a lump in her throat she looked at Taylor her blue eyes not even able to look into his, "I...I couldn't break his heart," she said her words soft as she felt hot tears going down her cheeks. "I...I love him," she said finally revealing out loud what she had been trying to deny forever. A part of her was in love with Zac deep down. That was one of the reasons she had never automatically left him when Taylor showed up on her door. That was the reason she was with him to begin with. She loved him even if she had never showed it.

Shaking his head at Liz's words Taylor felt like being sick, "You love him," he said as he laughed. "You sure loved him when you were screwing me yesterday," he said before he turned and left her house slamming the door as he did so. Getting to his car he got in and took off hearing his tires squeal.

After Taylor left Zac looked down as he ran a hand through his short hair, "You had sex with him and agreed to marry me afterwards?" he said finally looking back up as he walked closer to Liz. He felt like someone had ripped his heart out and ran over it.

Looking down again,Liz nodded at Zac's words, "Yes," she said her voice cracking as she felt the tears that kept coming down her cheeks. This wasn't how she had wanted her day to go. "I did have sex with him and then accept your proposal," she said as she looked up at him and sighed. His heartbreak was apparent and showing on his face. "I'm sorry," she said as she walked closer and reached out slowly, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't touch me," Zac said as he moved her hand off his shoulder. "It's too late for sorry Elizabeth," he said as he used her full name. "You cheated on me yesterday. You had sex with Taylor and you supposedly had him believing you would end things! You were planning on leaving me," he yelled as he shook his head. "You disgust me and right now I am pretty sure I don't even want to see you or even hear you breathe," he said looking down.

Closing her eyes at Zac's words Liz cried harder. She had messed up royally this time. She had been careless and stupid and she knew she had hurt someone who really cared about her. Someone who had been there for her when she thought her world had ended, "What are you going to do then?" she asked in a whisper.

"I'm going to get dressed and then go to my mother's," Zac said honestly as he turned and headed upstairs. He needed time away from Liz. Heck as far as he was concerned she could rot in hell right now.

Frowning as Zac walked upstairs Liz went over to the couch and laid down. Curling up into a ball she just laid there. Watching as Zac came downstairs again dressed she frowned more as he walked out the door. When she heard his truck drive away she felt a piece of her die. She had felt like she did when she lost Taylor. Her world had ended again.