Chapter Nine

Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter Nine

Liz sighed as she woke up from one of the worst dreams she had ever had. In the dream she had lost the baby. Miscarried it much like she had hers and Taylor's child. Closing her eyes she knew she could never let that happen. she wouldn't lose another baby. she couldn't lose another baby.

Slowly she climbed out of bed and walked down the stairs. It had been a week now since she had told Zac about the baby. He was happy and so far any issues he had with her he had seemed to resolve once he had found out about their child. His girlfriend on the other hand wasn't so happy. Every night since finding out she had made ways to argue about it with him. He had called her after one such argument.

Shaking her head she heard a knock on the door right as she got to the bottom steps. Liz wasn't expecting company so she wasn't sure who it could be. Chewing on her bottom lip she went to answer it. Luckily it was only a few short steps from the stairs to the door. Swinging the door open she was shocked when she found Taylor standing there his blue eyes looking at her only briefly before looking down at his shoes.

"I wanted to stop by and say congratulations," he shrugged before looking back up. When he looked back up at her it's then that she noticed the slightest bit of sadness reflected in his eyes. Like he was hurt.

"Zac told everyone then?" She asked. Liz had almost forgot Zac had plans to tell his family about her pregnancy at the next dinner they had. Which according to her calculations had been two days ago. That meant Taylor knew then. Taylor knew that she was now carrying Zac's baby.

Watching Taylor nod in response to her question, she smiled faintly. At least they knew and that was out of the way.

"Can I come in?"

That simple question was enough for Liz to realize she had been blocking the door for Taylor to enter the house if he wanted to, "Sure," she mumbled moving aside ever so slightly. She was not sure if this was a good idea but how can she tell him no? It's always hard to tell Taylor no. She thought she was the only one who had that problem or well okay maybe every woman he met had that problem.

Once Taylor is inside she shut the door behind him and watched as he ran a hand through his blonde locks. They are still long which she liked. Liz had always liked him with long hair. She also liked Zac with long hair but he cut it not long after she had met him. She was kind of devastated even if she was with Taylor at the time, "How is Natalie?"

"She's umm...she's good," Taylor nodded and shrugged before turning his back to Liz and walking to the couch.

Liz could tell he didn't want to talk about Natalie but she didn't really care. Natalie was still his wife and he chose to stay with her for a reason. She didn't understand the reason though because it sure seemed like he didn't love her a few months ago when he was making love to her but then again one could say she possibly didn't love Zac either and she did. She had come to realize that now. She did love Zac.

When Taylor sat down on the couch Liz ran a hand through her hair which she realized was still a mess. If Taylor had noticed he hadn't said though she didn't think it really mattered. He had seen her at her worst after all, "How is the pregnancy?" she asked her voice getting soft as she sat in the chair across from the couch. It was bad and even though she had realized she loved Zac she still didn't trust herself around Taylor. Though even if she did anything with him it wouldn't be cheating on her part. Zac was still with Fiona.

"It's fine," he muttered and Liz noticed the way his eyes rolled. So he didn't want to talk about the baby either it seemed. Did he not want it? Maybe that was a dumb question to be asking herself. It seemed that simple eye roll was the only answer she needed, she could read Taylor like the back of her hand.