Chapter Six

Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter Six

Pulling into her driveway Liz smiled when she didn't see Zac's car there. She was glad he wasn't home because she didn't want to get grilled on where she had been or even why she smelled like sex. She knew she had to be reeking of sex and Taylor's scent.

Getting out of her car she went onto the porch and unlocked the door. Taking her flip flops off she walked towards the bathroom. She needed a shirt to get the sex smell and Taylor's scent off of her. Not to mention she was probably just plain old dirty from having sex in the grass.

Undressing once in the bathroom Liz stepped in the shower and turned the water on sighing as the hot water hit her body and relaxed her. As she was under the water she closed her eyes and felt tears waiting to come out. It was in that moment that she felt dirty again and she hated herself for what she had done. She hated herself for what she was about to do to Zac's heart. How could she willingly break his heart?

After awhile she felt the water turn cold and she reached down and turned it off. Getting out of the shower she found a towel and wrapped it around her as she walked to her bedroom to change clothes. She was no longer crying but she felt like she was going to at any moment again. She hated herself. She hated this feeling. She just wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out.

Once she was dressed she headed downstairs where she found Zac sitting on the couch, "When did you get back?" she asked trying to play everything calmly.

"Not long ago," Zac said as she he stood up and walked over to Liz. Leaning in he pecked her lips and smiled some. Her kisses were the best part of his day.

Pecking Zac's lips back Liz smiled some hoping she wasn't showing any sadness. Walking over to the couch she sat down or well more like she plopped down. She had never been one for sitting down nicely. Making a face when Zac didn't offer to sit again she looked up at him, "Aren't you going to sit down?" she asked curiously.

Taking a deep breath Zac looked at Liz after she asked her question. Not saying anything he slowly got down on one knee and pulled the black box from the pocket of his jeans, "I have been waiting for the right time to ask this," he said as he looked into her eyes, "But Elizabeth Jane Barrymore will you marry me?" he asked a small smile playing on his lips. He may have been smiling but inside he was nervous and his stomach was doing tiny somersaults.

Locking eyes with Zac, Liz felt her mouth drop open in shock. She hadn't expected this. Not when she was going to tell him she had cheated. Not when she was supposed to end things. Feeling tears well up in her eyes again she let them fall. She knew he would think they were happy tears and some of them were happy tears, "I....yes," she said her voice cracking as she shook her head yes. She had just agreed to marry Zac.

Upon hearing Liz's answer, Zac felt a huge grin break out on his face. Taking the ring out of the box he slowly slid it on her finger. He had never been more relived in his life to hear the answer yes.

Looking down at the ring once it was on her finger Liz couldn't help but smile some. She knew the ring had been his grandmother Jane's ring. It looked right on her finger and she almost felt like she had made the right choice in saying yes to his proposal.

Smirking some Zac stood up and bent down picking Liz up, "I think it's time we celebrate that yes answer you gave me," he joked as he carried her upstairs. He did want to make love to her.

Making it to the bedroom Zac laid Liz down on the bed before laying over her, "You are gonna be my wife someday," he said before leaning in to kiss her not even giving her any time to answer him.

Kissing Zac back Liz felt a pang of guilt but ignored it. Feeling his lips trail down her neck she watched him pull away and discard both of their shirts. Maybe what Zac didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

After Liz's shirt was off Zac smirked and went back to kissing her neck again. He noticed this time she didn't have her eyes shut. Usually by now they would have been shut and thinking of Taylor. Maybe Liz had finally realized Taylor wasn't worth it.

Moaning some as Zac kissed her neck again Liz soon felt him kiss down her belly and stop only briefly to undo her jeans and slip them down with her panties. Smirking some herself she reached up and undid his jeans sliding them off along with his boxers, "I want you," she found herself muttering. She had surprised even herself with this.

"You have me baby," Zac said as he kissed her on the lips again and soon slid inside her. He couldn't place it but something about this time with her felt different. Not the bad kind of different either.

Biting his lip as he kissed her she let her nails dig into his back as he entered her and soon started a nice rythm which she got into. This time as she made love to him something was different though she couldn't place what.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
After awhile of making love Liz knew she was close and she moaned his name out feeling him reach his climax around the same time. After he came she smiled as he slid out of her but still laid on top of her. Holding him in her arms she closed her eyes finally as she felt a heart beating and for a moment she wasn't sure if it was his heart or her own. It almost felt as if it was just one heartbeat.