Chapter Twelve

Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter Twelve

Zac glared as he sat in his bedroom at his parents house. It had been two days since he broke up with Fiona and came back home, though he had gotten a surprise. He obviously wasn't the only one coming home. Taylor too had come back. Apparently Natalie had left him.

He would have been okay if he didn't have to share a room with his brother. He hadn't known what his mom had been thinking when she told him he would have to be rooming with Taylor. She had to have known that was the last possible thing he wanted right now. It was the last possible thing he wanted ever really.

"You know I can feel you glaring at me," Taylor mumbled from the bed he was laying in. Opening his eyes he turned to face Zac who was sitting in one of those computer chairs. "If you have something on your mind, please, go ahead and say it," he said his tone going sarcastic.

Glaring more at Taylor's sarcastic tone Zac shook his head, "All I have on my mind is how much I hate sharing a room with you," he answered honestly. "I hate that you even came here after Natalie left you, no wait, I hate that you even came to Tulsa again at all. I wish you would have just stayed gone. Maybe if you had stayed gone my life would still be going good and I could be with the woman I love."

Taylor stayed silent while Zac talked, his eyes rolling occasionally at certain things that were said, "Yeah well I did come back," he shook his head when speaking after Zac finally stopped. "I came back because I thought Liz would be waiting on me. That was my mistake, I know that now," he shrugged. "But I'm not going to go back to Georgia. I'm not going to just leave again."

"Why not?" Zac asked his voice and tone coming off serious. "Liz will never take you back," he said trying to sound sure of that. He wasn't sure though, not after what she had admitted they day they had sex again. She loved them both and now they were both single again or well in Taylor's case closer to single. Liz could very well chose to be with Taylor again if she wanted too and that thought scared Zac shitless.

"Is that so?" Taylor asked his tone changing just a bit slightly. "She would never take me back? Is that why she was kissing me when you showed up at her house?" he asked his arms crossing on his chest. Zac was sure he was challenging him and that made his blood boil even more than it already was.

Running a hand through his hair he looked away from Taylor, the confidence he had been trying to use earlier wearing off. Damn Taylor for pushing just the right buttons.

When Zac didn't answer Taylor smirked, "That's what I thought," he said laughing some. "You know as well as I do she could take me back and if that kiss meant anything she very well might pick me," he winked as he grabbed a book he had laying on the bedside table and opened it.

"She had sex with me," Zac revealed using his final card he had against Taylor. "I mean after you left," he said smirking some now. "It was good enough that after she knew I was done with Fiona she went back for seconds."

Closing the book, Taylor eyed Zac, "You are lying," he said though his voice portrayed that he wasn't sure of his own words.

Shaking his head no Zac stood from the chair, "Not joking. Ask her yourself," he said as he shrugged and went to lay down on his bed. He didn't actually think Taylor would do it though. He wasn't one for openly getting his heart hurt.

"I think I will," Taylor said as he stood up. He gave Zac a tiny wink before leaving. Zac was right now kicking himself for even suggesting what he had. He didn't really think Taylor would do it, yet Taylor had proved him wrong.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Humming to herself as she did housework, Liz stopped when she heard a knock on her front door. Putting down the dust rag in her hand she left the kitchen and headed to the front door. Opening it she was surprised seeing Taylor standing there. She hadn't seen him since the day they kissed.