Chapter Eleven

Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter Eleven

Liz woke up from her nap a few hours later. She was still wrapped up in the covers but Zac was gone from beneath her and she frowned some. Getting up she reached for her clothes and put them back on.

"Zac," she called out walking around the house. Not finding him she frowned as she soon sat on the stairs. He had, had sex with her and just left. He hadn't even woken her up to tell her he was leaving. A wham bam thank you ma'am was all she was to him anymore it seemed now.

Frowning she ran a hand through her hair. She hadn't expected this from him. She had thought he was better than this but it seemed she was wrong. He had changed since they broke up obviously. She blamed Fiona for the change in him. What else could have changed him?

Standing from the stairs she walked back to her couch and pulled her legs to her chest. Closing her eyes she sighed. Besides having sex with Zac she had kissed Taylor today as well. She almost felt like she was back to square one. Like any progress she had made in three months with trying to cope had been erased. Wiped away as soon as her lips had met Taylor's and as soon as she had allowed Zac to pull her down on the couch. She was the same Elizabeth Barrymore who couldn't chose between the brothers.

Hearing her door open she opened her eyes, her face showing confusion. Seeing Zac come through the door with a box that was labeled Krispy Kreme she made a face. She was sure he had left and wouldn't be coming back. She was also sure he had given her his key when he came and got his stuff after they had ended.

"I thought you left," Liz said as she watched Zac walk over and put the box of doughnuts on her coffee table.

Laughing, Zac shook his head, "I wouldn't have left for good without saying goodbye," he smiled opening the box of doughnuts and taking one. "I just went to get food...er well junk food."

Feeling a bit relieved at his words Liz reached over and took a doughnut as well. She smiled seeing he had gotten her favorite. The kinds with chocolate icing and a white crème filling.

"Did you really think I would leave without saying goodbye?" Zac asked his brown eyes full of curiosity. "Especially after having sex with you."

Nodding at his question, Liz sort of felt ashamed but at least she was honest. Honesty was her only best friend these days she decided. Lies had destroyed her life so she was trying to start a new life. A life that didn't involve her lying to either Taylor or Zac.

Shaking his head at her answer Zac finished off his first doughnut and reached for another, "I don't know whether to feel offended or not," he sighed as he took a bite of the doughnut.

"You can feel offended," Liz replied as she ate some of the doughnut. She wasn't really in the mood for eating fast. Though to be honest she had never really ate as fast as Zac had anyway. Zac could eat anything in the blink of an eye. He was like a human garbage disposal. "I sort of blamed Fiona for it."

Making a face at Liz's words Zac was confused and it showed, "Why did you blame Fiona?" he asked his mouth full of food so it came out a bit muffled.

Shrugging Liz finished the doughnut and grabbed another, "Because if you had left it would have meant you changed. She's the only thing that I could think of who would change you like that," she said being honest. She still didn't know what else could ever change Zac.

"Maybe if I had changed it would have been because of you," Zac replied a little harsh.

Feeling a stinging feeling after Zac responded the way he did Liz frowned, "Me?" she asked though she was sure he was referring to her cheating. She had never taken that into account for being a reason to why he would change but she could see it being a reason now even if she didn't want to admit it to herself.