Chapter Ten

Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter Ten

Zac frowned as he looked at Liz. She was standing there in her doorway apologizing to him for kissing Taylor. It wasn't like he should care what she did but it was apparent to her and him both that he was more than just a tad bit ticked off by it.

"You don't have to apologize to me," Zac lied before stepping inside of her house. He hadn't been here since the day he had came to pick up his stuff. Looking around he noticed not much had changed but really did he expect it to change in only a matter of months?

"Why are you hear?" Liz asked. Her voice was low almost like she was bracing for something.

Looking down Zac stopped in his tracks realizing just what it was she was bracing for. She was waiting for him to yell at her or something still, even though he had told her she didn't have to apologize. She was scared of him and the thought made him sad.

"I came by to see how you were," Zac lied as he turned to face her again. He had chosen to lie because he wasn't ready to tell her he was here because he and Fiona had gotten into another argument over the baby. It was beginning to become a habitual thing in the past week, arguing with Fiona.

Seeing Liz nod Zac smiled, relieved that she hadn't been able to tell he was lying. She usually could have before. Maybe this break up had ended her ability to pick up on things about him. If so that was perfectly fine by him. He didn't want her knowing some things anymore.

Liz nodded and rand a hand through her hair. She seemed a little off still, "I'm fine," she smiled as her eyes locked with his.

Feeling himself looking away from her Zac nodded then. Looking into her eyes after what he had just witnessed hurt. It shouldn't have but it did. Hell he wasn't even her boyfriend anymore. If she wanted to go out and fuck the entire city of Tulsa she could.

"That's good then," Zac said as he walked a few steps to the couch. Sitting down he ran a hand through his hair. It needed to be cut again. Liz loved it long and he had been contemplating growing it out for her until they broke up. Now he had no reason to grow his hair out. "No morning sickness or anything?"

When Liz shook her head at Zac's last question he smiled. He was glad she was having a good pregnancy so far then. He knew her last one had resulted in a miscarriage and he didn't want this one to wind up the same way. He wanted this baby even if he wasn't with its mother.

Zac saw Liz look down and he raised his eyebrow, "You know you can come sit down on the couch beside me. I don't bit," Zac laughed as he watched her. She slowly walked over and soon sat down beside him. She had on her lilac perfume. It was the kind he had bought her for her last birthday.

"I guess I'm just still afraid you are mad at me," she replied after getting comfortable. Her hands soon went to rest in her lap. "I don't want you mad at me again. Not after things just seemed to get better between us."

Sighing Zac ran a hand through his hair again, "I was mad," he admitted before laughing to fight off the sudden case of nerves he had. "It was stupid for me to even get mad because you aren't mine anymore," he shook his head careful to avoid her gaze. "I guess a part of me will always love you though and I just don't want you with him," he said as he shook his head.

It was stupid that Zac didn't want her with Taylor. It wasn't like Taylor had done anything wrong per say. Yeah he had cheated with her but this time, the kiss, he had done nothing wrong to Zac. Zac had no more say in what Liz did yet he wanted to keep her from being with Taylor. It was so fucking pathetic and he almost felt like laughing.

"I understand that Zac," Liz smiled briefly before reaching over and grabbing his chin. She was deliberately making him look at her.

"But you don't get to decide anymore who I see or don't. That ended when we broke up," she shrugged. Her eyes clouded over some and he lost his ability to even read her emotions. "Just like I can't tell you who to see or not to see. We both have to deal with that and move on."