Chapter 1- Prologue

AJ Lee's POV
Night after Suvivor Series 2013

I uneasily dragged my suitcase through the parking lot and into the backstage doors of the arena. I made sure I was one of the first people here every night. I couldn't dare to run into anyone before showtime.

As I walked through the backstage hallways, I always looked behind and around me to look for anyone who might want to play a little prank on me. So, basically, I looked around for anyone besides Tamina.

Luckily, there wasn't really anyone here. Just Heath Slayer, who didn't really ever talk to me anyway, and one of the Uso's, I wasn't sure which one. I hurried towards the Women's locker room to try to set up a little place for myself before anyone else showed up. I decided on a small corner of the locker room, sitting down on the little bench right next to it and zipping open my rolling suitcase.

My black chuck taylors. A couple of my cut up Love Bites shirts. A few pairs of shorts of several different colors and styles. Several bracelets and earrings. And last but not least, the Diva's Championship belt.

That belt. That stupid belt that has cost me so much. That belt with it's stupid butterfly carved into it, a belt that had cost me a friendship, a boyfriend, a sense of sanity. A belt that I had always wished would be a Women's Championship, but instead was this pink... thing of metal and leather. A belt that sometimes made me want to throw it into the locker room wall and watch it shatter into a million pieces.

But no. This belt symbolized hard work. And dedication. And power. And I loved it.

I put the belt back inside my suitcase. Might as well keep something so special and dreadful in a safe place.

"AJ," I heard someone's voice ring through the room. I turned my head around.

"Natalya," I replied, turning around. I couldn't help but glare at her. How could someone be friends with every superstar and diva so easily? It wasn't fair.

Might as well start a conversation. "Do you have a match tonight?" I asked her. The blonde was setting down her bag next to the door, far away from me.

"Yeah," Natalya said. She sounded annoyed. "We all do."

I looked down at my hands. "Yeah, head of the survivor series team."

"Diva's Champions always get the head stuff," Natalya said. I'm not sure if her comment was to be smart or mean or what, but I couldn't keep my big mouth shut.

"How would you know? You were only champion for two months." I regreted it the moment I said it.

"Excuse me?" Natalya said. I stood up now.

"I've been champion for over sixth months. I think that's a little better than one two month title reign," I said. Natalya was now walking over to me.

"Listen," Natalya began, "You might be Diva's champion, but I have been here longer than you and you need to respect that."

"Yeah, and you need to respect the fact that I am the champion and that I've succeeded in this buisness instead of you," I said. I was smirking up at her.

Natalya backed away from me now. "You need to learn. One of these days, you won't be Diva's Champion. And your whole reign of terror will be over," she said to me and walked out of the locker room.

It was then that I sat down and wiped away the tears from my eyes.

_____

We were having another match against the Total Divas. Same one as last night on the paperview, only this time I didn't have any hope about how the evening was going to go. Last night, I thought maybe we could win. Maybe we could beat them and show them that it's not all about the glamor and high heals. But I was mistaken. And something told me we'd be disapointed again just like last night.

It was almost time for me to enter with all the other Diva's. I was in the locker room still, lacing up my chuck taylors. Thankfully for me, I was the only one there, except for Tamina, who was standing outside the door.

I reached into one of the hidden compartments of my suitcase. I pulled out the container, popped a pill into my mouth, reached for my water bottle that was right next to me and gulped down a swallow, and hid the container back in it's original spot. I then pushed my hair out of my face and walked towards the area and the awaiting audience.

_____

The match was done. We lost. Again. To the Total Divas. Again.

At least I got eliminated second to last. And I eliminated Natalya. That's good. But then Brie eliminated me only seconds afterwards. As I was walking out, Natalya, who was right ahead of me, began to yell at me for my elimanation. So much for no hard feelings.

I didn't want to talk to any of my teammates. Well, for the record, why would they want to talk to me unless they wanted to yell at me?

I told Tamina, or actually I kind of yelled at her, that I really wanted to be left alone. I ran back to the locker room, only to see Brie Bella, Eva Marie, and Kaitlyn all standing above their bags. Their eyes were stabbing me.

I closed my eyes and walked over towards my bag. If I didn't look at them, then I wouldn't notice them.

When I finally reached my suitcase, I made sure that the secret compartment was still zipped shut. No one could find out about what I kept in there. And I expected to keep it that way.

"Are we done for the night?" I asked the girls in the room. None of them answered me. "Ok. Is anyone gonna talk to me?" Nothing.

"Why should we?" Brie asked.

"Because I was just wondering if we can go home now," I replied.

"Shouldn't the Diva's Champion stay a little longer?" Kaitlyn said. I turned my head to her.

"Come on, you can't yell at me for that, you both were champions for crying out loud," I said. "You know what it's like!"

"I don't," Eva said.

"Well, how would you, you're a newbie," I said. It came out a little hostile.

"I may be new, but I'm perfectly capable of anything you can do," Eva said.

"Yeah, sure," I said.

"Are you saying I can't?" Eva asked, getting out of her seat and walking over to me.

"No, you're not ready," I said. I only meant that comment to be kind of realistic, pushing her towards one day maybe being champion. It came out really wrong.

"I'm perfectly ready," Eva said. She was almost right in my face. "I was a survivor tonight in the match. Were you?" I tightened my fists. "I can do anything a veteran can do, especially the stuck up one's like-"

My fist connected with her cheek. Hard. She screamed in pain as Brie and Kaitlyn rushed over. Eva had fallen over due to the impact and had caught herself with her one free hand. Her cheek was turning red. I gasped.

I bent down on my knees next to the red head. "Oh my gosh, Eva, I swear, I-"

"No, just get away!" Eva yelled at me.

"Eva, please, really, I-I didn't mean to, I just-"

"Haven't you done enough?" Brie said to me. I stood up and stepped back from the three girls. I backed up to get my bag, quickly stuffed all my belongings into it, then zipped it shut. I dragged it to the locker room door. I looked back at Eva Marie.

"Eva, I'm so sorry-"

"Just go AJ!" Eva yelled. I quickly left the locker room, trying to ignore the giant purple mark forming on Eva's cheek.

I ran towards the back door, still full out in my wrestling attire, and raced to find my car. Once I found it, I stuffed my suitcase into the trunk and jumped into the driver's seat. But I didn't drive away. I just sat there, crying my eyes out.

Would I ever be able to do anything right?

A/N: Ok, so there's the first chapter! I tried to make this kind of a story where you don't HAVE to watch WWE to read it, but it's mainy for the WWE universe! And probably AJ Lovers like myself! She's the best!

So, I'm really excited to finally be getting this idea onto WattPad. There will be romance for anyone who loves AJ Lee's romances, but I won't tell you who it's with! Although you'll all probably be able to guess who within the, like, next few chapters.

Ok, so that's it! Go AJ, go Punk, and go Ambrose! Bye!

-El