Chapter 7- Addiction

AJ Lee's POV

One week after the Royal Rumble

After the Royal Rumble, after CM Punk was pulled out of the ring by Kane and slammed through the announce table, ending his chances of going for the gold at Wrestlemania, Punk vanished. He wasn't at Raw that week. Or Smackdown. Or anything. It was like he'd fallen off the face of the earth.

Rumors had been forming and spilling all over the place about his whereabouts. Some people said that he'd officially quit the company. I'd overheard from someone that he'd told Vince that he was going home and then just left for Chicago. And then he was just gone.

I didn't really know why I cared so much about him anyway. I mean, if he was gone, like, really gone, then my secrets were secure. I could bring my pills back to work without him under my skin. I could go back to the way things were before, not worrying about anyone but AJ. Everything would be simple and wonderful and satisfying again, only thinking about the well being of me and my Title.

If that was true, though, then why couldn't I get Punk off my mind?

Was it because if he really was gone, then I was alone again? He was one of the only people that truly cared about my well being. If he was gone, then I'd be back to the side effects of the pills, no one to care enough to stop me from almost sending myself to the hospital.

Would I miss it? Would I miss that luxury, that feeling of having someone care about me? Had Punk's constant annoying attitude become some sort of addiction for me?

No. No no no. Punk was of my past and he soon might become a permanent part of it. CM Punk wasn't important to me and if he left... so be it I guess.

Besides, there were bigger things for me to worry about.

Right now I was in the arena's bathroom, trying to make myself look presentable for tonight. I didn't like having the hairdressers and makeup artists all over me, so I always tried to do on my own.

I finished brushing my hair using one of my spare brushes, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I had noticed that dark circles had been forming under my eyes from lack of sleep. Hopefully no one else had.

I heard the door to the arena's bathroom open behind me and turned around to see who it was. It was Nikki Bella who, luckily, didn't have her twin tagging along with her. I just looked back at the mirror, acting like I didn't care.

She walked up to the sink next to me and pulled her hair over to the right side of her head. I just rolled my eyes at her.

"What?" Nikki said in that tone she and her sister always spoke in.

"Nothing," I said, taking my focus off of her and putting it back on my reflection.

For a while it was silent. And then Nikki spoke. "Do you know where he is?"

"Excuse me?" I asked in an annoyed, sarcastic-like tone.

"Punk. You know where he went? Or why?" She asked.

"Why would I know?" I replied.

"Come on," Nikki said, "You think none of us have notice your little talks with him you've been having? I saw you get on his tour bus."

"That's none of your business!" I exclaimed at her, my cheeks getting flustered and my hands turning to fists.

"What? Another affair?"

"That is-" I was almost yelling, but I tried to calm myself down. Of all people, I was not about to snap in front of Nikki Bella. "That is none of your concern and no, Punk and I have done nothing."

"Well you were pretty much the only one he talked to. You have to know something," Nikki said.

"I said I know nothing." I started to tilt my head. "And when I say I know nothing, I know nothing. Got it?"

"Yeah, got it," she said. Then, just because it felt right, I smiled, grabbed my brush, and skipped out of the bathroom and towards the locker room.

_____

All freaking night, the fans chanted his name. CM Punk, CM Punk, CM Punk over and over and over. Almost like they were taunting me, saying "Hey, AJ, Punk's gone!" all night!

I didn't even have a match tonight and I already felt like punching someone. Why? Why did everything revolve around him and his sarcastic personality and the X's on his hands?

I ran my hands through my hair as I walked back from the ring to the diva's locker room. My breathing was rapidly picking up and I could tell everyone was starting to stare at me. I couldn't blame them. If I saw myself walking down a hallway the way I am now, I'd be a little scared I was about to be slammed into a wall.

In my silent rage, I accidentally bumped shoulders with Dean Ambrose. Usually I'd be a little intimidated by him just because he was a ticking time bomb like myself, but tonight I didn't even care.

"Hey," Dean turned around and said to me, that hint of annoyance, brutality, and venom in his voice. But right now, I was far more dangerous that he could ever be.

"Don't even start with me!" I said, my hands rustling through my black hair even more and my eyes becoming the sure definition of crazy. "You! You and everyone else here in this arena, you're all driving me mad!" I walked towards Dean. "I'm about to explode, so if you don't want to be smashed into oblivion, I suggest you leave. Me. Alone!"

I could see the great Dean Ambrose standing in front of me, looking at me with shocked and confused eyes. I continued to let my breathing speed up and walked away, practically running to the locker room.

When I finally arrived, I saw that Aksana and Summer Rae were in the locker room. No.

"Get out," I demanded. My brain was throbbing now.

"Excuse me?" Summer Rae said. I didn't even care at this point.

"Just GO!" I said. The two girls looked at me in shock and annoyance, but they did leave. Once I was alone in the locker room, I let all hell break loose.

I screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs so that I think everyone backstage could have heard me. I ran over to my suitcase as I finished my yelling and stuffed everything into my bag.

I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't know how or why, but CM Punk being gone was horrible for my sense of mind. I needed him here, I needed someone to care about me and annoy me and be there for me and want to talk to me without yelling at me.

I had to find him. I wasn't sure where he was or if he even cared about me anymore, but I needed him. I needed my Straight Edge Superstar back.

A/N: Yeah, short chapter. I just wanted to update this since so much has happened in the past week or so.

 Ok, so, yeah, I had to add Dean Ambrose in here. The Shield is my new obsession as of late since CM Punk left *sobs quietly in corner*.

And I know, I usually have a gif of AJ or Punk in the sidebar, but I mean come on, Rolleigns cheers us all up! Or, at least they cheer me up!

Anyway, thanks for reading this! I never in a million years thought this story would get over 700 reads!

-El ♥