Chapter 14- Miracles

AJ Lee's POV

Night after WrestleMania 30

The odds were against me. I didn't care.

It was fourteen to one. One's a powerful number.

I was weak and vulnerable. That didn't mean not determined.

And last night, I once again proved to everyone in the world that I deserved to hold the beloved Diva's Title belt another day.

Sure, as I walked through the doors to the arena everyone was beyond annoyed. No one had wanted to see that butterfly carving still hanging around by waist. But who gave a crap about what anyone else thought? All that mattered was that still, even after my Bipolar lifestyle was proclaimed to the world, the champion of the diva's division still remained AJ Lee.

With the belt slung on my shoulder and my hand clinging to my duffle bag's strap, I made my way past all the craft services and to the locker room, despite the fact that there was no doubt in my mind I'd be hiding in the bathroom within a matter of hours.

As usual, there was almost no one else present as my feet scuffed the cement floor. Finding the locker room, I gently opened the door only to see another figure already present. And, to my relief, it wasn't any of the Total Divas. It was Emma.

Honestly, after last night, I didn't know where Emma and I stood. I vaguely remembered what happened, but the memory was still there...

The match had just begun and, as expected, I was the first one targeted. Tamina and myself were immediately shoved into the center of a circle of divas, all twelve of them laying fire on us only seconds later. Quickly, knowing that I wouldn't be able to withhold the abuse for very long, I scrambled out of the ring to the floor, leaving the rest of the divas to fight it out.

Regaining my strength and looking over to the other side of the apron, I saw Summer Rae attempting to gain the win through Emma. She kicked out and rolled under the ropes to escape. Thank god. I was not about to loose my championship to Summer Rae.

The match continued on as I pulled myself up by the ropes and into one of the corners. Summer now had her eyes on me and charged at me. Thankfully I regained the advantage and ended up being the one to slam her into the turnbuckle, only to be pushed out of the ring once more due to Cameron.

It was clear their strategy was to keep me out of the ring and away from any pins. Good luck with that, you Barbie dolls.

As I crawled to my right, halfway to standing on my feet, I looked up and saw Emma, not five feet away from me, strong and full of energy. She was standing tall and could completely demolish me right now if she wanted to. I was weak and Emma could take me out right now. She knew it. I knew it.

But she didn't. As we exchanged glances, I saw something in her eyes. A hint of pity along with just good nature. Instead of smashing my face in, Emma backed away and walked in the opposite direction, acting as if she hadn't seen me.

She had, though. And she didn't do what any other diva in that ring would have done.

Looking at the young Australian, I went and set my bags down, keeping my title on my shoulder. Emma continued to search around in her bag for something, not noticing as I walked up behind her. I tapped her on the shoulder. Emma turned around startled and caught herself from falling backwards.

"Hey," I said.

"Um, hi AJ," Emma replied. She was like a deer in headlights.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked. She tilted her head in confusion.