Chapter 8- Revolution

AJ's POV
Two Days Later

A few days later after my wonderful night at Raw, I packed a few sets of clothes and some necessities into a small duffle bag and got on a bus. Well, not a bus, more like half a dozen buses in order to get to Chicago since I couldn't find a cheap flight.

Believe me when I say that Chicago is huge. There were so many people and so many different buildings and streets and places to go. Looking for Punk here was almost like a lost cause.

But, if he wasn't in Chicago, where else would he be?

I knew I couldn't exactly just ask someone where Punk lived. In Chicago, Punk was literally treated almost like a saint. His address wouldn't exactly be easy to find.

First, I tried to guess. I tried every hotel, complex, house, penthouse, you name it that was anywhere near either a gym or a wrestling ring. I couldn't find it. Then I tried anything that was pretty expensive. I assumed that Punk had to have a bit of money. I mean, what was he gonna blow his savings on, drugs?

Again, I found nothing. He must have been pretty hidden away.

By this time, the sun was setting and darkness was starting to blanket the sky. But I didn't exactly have anywhere to stay. I had some of my credit cards, but it could take forever to find a room in this city that wasn't booked. Maybe if I could find Punk in time, he'd let me stay with him. Or maybe he'd kick me out on the street to stay and sleep in the gutter.

Either way, I had to find him. I'd come all this way and I was going to find him.

I could always call him. Then maybe he'd just tell me where he was. Or avoid me. With him, you never knew what kind of reaction you'd get. But, I guess since I really didn't have any other options, what did I have to loose?

I sat down on one of the bus stop benches, laying my duffel bag on the ground next to me and pulling my phone out of my black leather purse. I dialed in his number and then held the phone up to my ear.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Four rings. Then it sent me to voicemail. I sighed in disappointment and hung up the phone, fiddling to try to fit it back into my purse. I felt the little bag of pills fumbling around inside by bag.

Then I heard rustling coming from my left side. I turned my head around and saw a figure in a black hoodie and dark jeans rummaging through my duffel bag.

"Hey!" I screamed at them, standing up as their eyes met mine. It was a girl, taller than me, with short black hair, a nose piercing, and sickly looking eyes. "That's mine!"

"Well duh, haven't you ever heard of robbing girly?" She replied, picking my bag up my the straps. I grabbed onto the end of my bag before she could take off, pulling the bag towards me.

"Give it back!" I continued to pull with all my might on the bag, but it was slowly slipping out of my grasp. With one big heave, the girl broke my grip on my duffel bag and then, almost as quickly as she appeared, ran into the busy streets of Chicago.

So now, I had no clothes, no toiletries, no nothing except for the items that remained in my purse. Now what was I supposed to do?

With the little bit of spare change that was left in my purse, I got up and walked into one of the nearby shops and bought a bottle of water. I walked back outside and leaned up against the building. I pulled one of my pills out of the plastic bag and used the water to rinse it down my throat. I realized I had broken a promise, but what was I to do now that I was completely alone in one of the most dangerous cities in the country?

I looked down at my hands. They were dirty and red from pulling on the duffel bag. I was sure dark circles had started forming around my eyes by now and I just felt like giving up. I was exhausted, I was hungry, I was defeated, and I just wanted to curl up and disappear.