Chapter 12- Bosses

AJ Lee's POV
One Week Later
Monday Night Raw

Tonight I was preparing for hell. I had a really bad feeling about tonight. My stomach had been filling with butterflies all day and my mind had been flooding with worries and what ifs for the past week.

The reason I was so terrified was because Stephanie had requested to see me. It didn't take a genius to figure out what the reason was. I knew she was probably mad beyond belief for me keeping such a huge issue in the darkness and away from her, my boss. I had to think positive, though. I grasped my phone in my pocket, holding it as I drove to the arena for comfort, maneuvering my way through Memphis.

Punk had told me that if I needed him to just call. I had a feeling he'd be getting a few messages tonight.

When I reached the arena, I grabbed all my bags from the car and dragged them through the backstage doors. It was almost completely empty except for the setup crew. Getting here early was no accident. I wanted this meeting with Stephanie over as quickly as possible.

I decided to go ahead and drop my things off at the Diva's locker room before going off the find Stephanie. I wasn't nervous anymore about leaving my bags alone. Now, everyone knew who and what I was. I had nothing to hide.

As I wondered around backstage looking for anyone that would point me in the right direction, there wasn't any sense of a skip in my step. I looked around trying to find someone when I ran straight into a tall figure. I looked up to see Hunter Hearst Helmsley staring down at me.

"Oh, uh," I didn't know what to say to him. I didn't want to make matters any worse than they already were. If Stephanie was mad at me, I could only assume he was to. "Hello."

"AJ," Hunter said, smiling. He reeked of cologne and it took much willpower not to cringe in disgust. "How have you been?"

"Um," I nervously ran my fingers through my hair. "Good. Yourself?" I asked.

"I've been good, Miss Lee," he said. I saw a strange bit of pleasure flicked in his eyes. "Are you looking for something?"

I clasped my hands behind my back. "Yeah," I replied. "Stephanie Mc-"

"She's down the hall waiting for you," he said. He smirked. Triple H must have known what I was in for. It was like a teacher sending a much despised student to the principal.

I just simply nodded my head. "Thank you," I said, only to see him with an unsatisfied expression. "Sir."

Hunter smiled and I walked away towards the room that awaited me. Authority, I thought to myself. Always gotta ruin things.

When I reached the dreaded door, I took a deep breathe and pulled out my phone. I opened up Punk's texting thread and sent him a message.

How do you make yourself look less terrified?

I pressed send. I waited a bit to see if he would reply. Nothing. Well, I couldn't wait for him forever. I slipped my phone into my pocket and opened the door that led to Stephanie's makeshift office for the night.

Inside wasn't much. Two couches that formed a obtuse angle with a woman dressed in suit sitting on one of them. Stephanie.

I closed the door behind me and walked towards the opposing couch. "Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon, AJ," she replied. I sat down and awkwardly smiled to cease the tension. Then Stephanie spoke again.

"Now, you can assume why your here, AJ," she said. I nodded. "It's come to our attention that you have a rather, well, intense medical history?"

I sighed. "Stephanie, I'm truly sorry, but-"

"I don't think there are any buts for this matter," she said. I gulped nervously. "Bipolar disorder, AJ, is not something to be taken lightly and you know that we have to look after the safely of all our superstars and divas. Hunter and I just aren't sure that it's safe for you to be a part of this business anymore."

I could here my heart break into a million pieces, the shards cutting at me from everywhere. "No, please, Stephanie, this business is all I have!"

"I'm aware of that, AJ, but with your condition-"

"If I may," I interrupted her, only for her to look wide eyes at me. But I had to speak. I wasn't about to loose this job. "I am the longest reigning Diva's Champion of all time! I've won title match after title match because this is what I do! I wasn't made to do anything else but this! I am completely healthy and, sure, I may not be the most stable on the roster, but there are a hell of a lot of guys that aren't! Ambrose, Orton, Undertaker, they don't get questioned! What's the difference from me? I have held the diva's title for over nine months now and I'm not going to loose it anytime soon! Stephanie, you can't take all this away from me!"

My boss looked at me. I couldn't tell if she was surprised, mad, shocked. It was a different kind of emotion. But I shut my mouth to see what she had to see.

"AJ, I'm going to give you another chance," she said. I sighed in relief.

"Thank you," I said, standing up. Stephanie stood up as well. "You won't regret this, I swear!" I started to make my way towards the door when she spoke.

"But I'll warn you," Stephanie said. "If you ever keep anything from me or my husband again-"

My phone buzzed from a text message. Her face formed an evil smirk. "There will be serious consequences."

I could feel the color drain from my face, but I nodded and left the room. As I walked to the locker room, I pulled my phone out from my pocket. A new text.

CM Punk- Don't show your weaknesses.

If only he knew.

A/N: Again, very short chapter. I need to make these things longer. :)

I know, Punk wasn't in this one much. Sorry! I feel like you guys love it whenever he's in a chapter cause those are always the ones that get the most votes and comments!

But hey, we love Punk.

Anyway, that's all for now! Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

-El ♥